"I-I can't die!", I bellowed. Panic flared my vessels, and even the pain was forgettable.

"If only the wielders come back with the medication and tools, it's improbable. Rest Kert", Avery shushed me. I shook my head and wanted to be assured. That I won't die and this is me being anxious. But it's my life. Mika's face entered my thoughts, her smile calming me.

--

Drool, dried beneath my chin and for once, I forgot my arm.

"Avery? Nash? Mika?". No answer. However, one of the wielders handed me a can of broth soup.

"Sorry about it prince," his husky voice added, and I took the canned food. I couldn't say anything. So many places in the last week, I couldn't keep up. As the chicken broth churned in my mouth, I desperately missed the food back on Soto. But Mother's steel gaze retreated me back to reality.

Avery came out of a wooden door by the moved shelves, with a bottle and metal tools. I lit up at the sight of him.

"I-I won't die?", the pain on my shoulder reeled me back against the corner.

"Still not guaranteeing. But its still good to check", Avery unraveled the ripped jacket, and it was still glistening red.

"Flashlight Travis," Avery commanded. Travis, the one who handed me the broth soup, gave him the flashlight.

With the light flashing brightly on my wound, Avery smiled to himself.

"What happened?", I asked.

"W-well--," his confident nature fade away, and I narrowed my eyes.

"Avery. It's all good", I assured. He shook his head quickly and cleared his throat.

"The bullet didn't hit your artery," he examined the wound, picking it.

"What does it mean?".

"It means if it hits the arteries, you'll get more complications and possibly death," he advised. But he smiled once more.

"But you're not going to. Now sleep. The process will be smoother for me", Avery ordered. It was easier said than done. With him adding the antibiotics and slowly trying to take the bullet out, it was excruciating.

--

"Wake up sleepy head," a playful push jerked me up. Natasha was smiling.

"I'm still wounded! Be gentle", I grumbled. She giggled.

"Quit being so cranky. Your wound tended", Natasha pointed to my shoulder. I touched it, the stinging there, but, it's in cotton than a ripped fabric.

"So, what did you guys do when I was slumbering?".

"Many things. Hid the bodies, took care of you and learning more about our abilities", Natasha added.

"How long we've been in here?", I bombarded her with questions.

"Two days." Mika's face made me jump in alarm.

"Two days. What about our group? What about Mika?", I slumped back in defeat.

"Baby brother. She'll be fine. She's a big girl you know, so don't worry so much. In the meantime, I found something that might interest you", she went to the shelves, picking an old-worn book.

"While you were sleeping, I've read this as a pass time and well... we have a genetic disorder", she pointed to a rather small paragraph from this lengthy book.

For centuries, it came quite clear that humans with abilities were considered unusual and extraordinary. Scientists are speculating that a DNA miscode happened. More research is to go on, but for now, its classified as a genetic disorder.

"I couldn't believe it too. The scientists are calling us mutants."

"Don't say that--."

"You don't understand. I'm ashamed of having this. We've killed normal human beings because we're different", Natasha exclaimed.

"Well regardless, without our abilities, we wouldn't have gone this far. The metal was wielding, the illusions. They've helped us immensely", I explained. Natasha nodded, but of course, with her lips quirked up, her eyes gleaming, she'll contradict.

"But even if it got us far, our abilities don't make us superior to them. If we didn't have them, we'd still have gotten far". I shook my head, preventing myself from blowing off steam.

"Anyway... I think my arm will be fine, so we got to keep moving".

'No. We need you to keep resting--".

"The police is investigating the area, we need to move now," Travis screeched.

Natasha cursed like a sailor.