Thirty-Five: "Your Secret's Out, Leon"

"I can't believe it's already December first!" An excited Luca skipped down the halls as he and Emilia went to check their mailboxes at the end of the school week.

Emilia had been back in the U.S. for nearly a week, but she hadn't talked to her boyfriend much since she had left Germany. She was a bit skeptical of the situation, but Leon had told her that he had been busy rehabbing his injury most hours of the day, so he didn't have time to talk to her which she understood.

What she didn't understand however, was the never-ending anxious feeling she had in the pit of her stomach. Emilia laid awake in bed the past few nights, not being able to sleep. It had been this gut feeling that Leon was hiding something from her. It was an especially awful feeling now since she had slept with him, and now felt that deeper connection to him.

And she felt the feeling came from one particular instant: her departure from the airport last Sunday.

Leon had accompanied her to the airport, but said 'he had to go to training' so he couldn't stay and see her leave. However, Emilia watched him go from her gate, but instead of heading towards the exit, he sprinted towards the other side of the airport, where the planes were just coming in.

It seemed fishy to Emi, but she didn't want to cause an argument because the couple seemed to reconnect over her trip. But that feeling just wouldn't go away -- why would Leon lie to her? What was he keeping from her? Who was he keeping from her?

"Earth to Emilia," Luca waved his hand in front of her face. He grinned at her when she finally snapped out of her daze. "Wanna come over tonight and have a movie marathon? We can even watch the High School Musical trilogy because I know you love them so much."

"That sounds great Luca, but can we do it a different time? I'm still kind of jetlagged."

"No problem. I have tons of art projects to grade tonight, anyways. See you later, Emi!" Luca yelled to her through his car window as he drove away from the school.

Emilia listened to the copy of Camila's unreleased album on her way home, but for some reason, she couldn't relate to the level of love Camila sang about in her songs. Yes, Emilia knew she loved Leon, but they had been dating for almost five months now, and she wasn't even sure if her boyfriend felt the same way.

It hurt Emi, but she wasn't going to complain. She was dating the man of her dreams, and that should be enough, right?

"C'mon Wiggins, you piece of trash! What the fuck are you doing?" The hot-headed redhead hollered at her television later that night. Her favorite team was playing the Oklahoma City Thunder, a team she absolutely couldn't stand.

After yet another missed shot from Wiggins, the Timberwolves coach, Tom Thibodeau, decided to take a timeout. The broadcast cut to a commercial as Emilia picked up her phone and opened her Instagram app.

She had gone through her entire timeline before switching to the 'explore' tab. Emi was scrolling through the random photos until one caught her eye. It was a picture of Leon driving, and wearing one of those berets he loved so damn much.

Emilia clicked the picture, but once she did, the anxious feeling returned.

6,753 likes

6,753 likes

alyssasherwood: had a nice few days with my baby i'm not ready to leave him :(

leongoretzkastan1: omg cute!!

ritamoore12: ahhhh i ship it so much queen!

joeyjames: what does he have that i don't girl?

Alyssa Sherwood, an up-and-coming Instagram model. She was one of those thirsty models that comments on all the athletes profiles to get noticed. Seemed like with Leon, she finally got her wish.

Tears clouded Emilia's vision as she scrolled through Alyssa's profile. She had a few pictures of her in Germany, but didn't have any other ones with Leon face featured. Emilia looked at the first picture of her in Bochum, dated November first. Twenty-four days before Emilia flew Germany the last time.

Leon had cheated on her.

Before the picture from today, the most recent picture Alyssa had posted was one of her standing in the Dortmund airport on November twenty-second -- the same day Emilia arrived in Germany. She was hugging a male figure, who had his back to the camera, but Emilia could tell it was Leon from his curly locks.

Alyssa captioned it 'it's four p.m. here and my plane's about to leave soon but dinner and three days isn't enough time with you,' and as she stared at the picture, Emilia felt an anxiety attack overtake her.

Like always, it started with her shaking uncontrollably, before it became harder for her to breathe. How could he do this to me? Emilia questioned herself, running to the bathroom before emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

Emilia brushed her teeth quickly before deciding to FaceTime the person she wanted to talk to most in this moment. It rang a few times before the person on the other line eventually picked up.

He rubbed his tired eyes, as it was currently two a.m. in Germany. "Emilia, is everything alright?" A concerned Joshua asked her, flipping on the lamp beside him.

"I'm sorry, Joshua. I know it's late but I didn't know who else to call," Emilia cried out, furiously wiping the tears that were cascading down her face.

Her friend looked at her with sad eyes and was about to say something, but Emi spoke softly, "Did you know? Did you know, Joshua?"

"Did I know what, Emi? What's going on?"

"I think--I think," She stuttered, her words incomprehensible from her constantly choking on her words. "I think Leon has been cheating on me."

The Bayern player sat up in bed and made sure the volume was turned all the way up on his phone. "You're gonna have to repeat that again for me, Emi. I swear you just said Leon has been cheating on you. I love you, Em, but that's crazy. That boy adores you."

Emilia scoffed before answering, "Yeah, me and a few other girls, too." She then explained the situation to Joshua who was in complete shock.

"This doesn't seem like Leon. I don't get it," He rubbed his face in frustration. "You're so good for him Emi, I don't understand."

Emilia shrugged her shoulders, smiling through her pain. "Neither do I, Joshy."

"I think you should call him. Maybe he can clear up the situation. Maybe they're just working on a project together? You know for like, Nike?" Joshua suggested, not wanting to believe that one of his best friends would do this to such a kind girl.

"Okay, I'll do that, thanks Joshy. And sorry about calling you at such a bad time," Emilia apologized profusely.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Joshua smiled at her through the screen. Emilia was about to end the call when her friend spoke up. "Emilia, wait!"

"Yeah, Josh?"

"No matter what happens between you and Leon, we're still friends, okay? Lina, Max, Camila and I will still make the trip to see you in a few weeks. Nothing will stop us from that, alright?"

After hearing Joshua's comments, Emilia began to cry harder. "I can't wait to see you, Kimmie."

"Same here, Emi. Now make that call, and let me know how it goes tomorrow. Love you Schneids."

"Love you too, Kimmich," Emilia ended the call with her Bavarian friend.

Now was the hard part. Her hands continued to shake as she clicked on Leon's contact. He was also sleeping, but turned on a light as he noticed Emilia's distraught state.

"Emi, what's wrong?" He questioned as Emilia rolled her eyes at him.

"Your secret's out, Leon."

Haphazardly | leon goretzkaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara