Ten: Flight 369

{Two weeks later}

Today was the big day; Emilia was traveling to Sochi, Russia to watch Leon in the Confederations Cup. Both Emi and Leon were excited to see one another; Leon more so because his team was still in the competition at this point, meaning they were going to be in the semi-final. She was currently at the airport at MSP, waiting for her flight to start. Emi began reminiscing about Germany's prior matches, wondering what the matches she'd be attending would be like.

Germany's first match was on the nineteenth against Australia. The final score was 3-2 Germany, with Leon scoring the final goal for his team. Rose was watching the game with Emilia on the television that day, and when Leon scored, she jumped up from the couch, shouting loudly, "Way to get 'em, Goretzka!" Emi then pinched the top of top of her jersey to show how awesome Leon was, but Rose wasn't very impressed by the goal.

Their second game was three days later, against Chile. It was a close game the entire match, with the final score being one-one. Leon FaceTimed Emilia after the draw, disappointed in the result, but Emi told him how proud of him she was, and that made him feel better. Leon was just so worried about disappointing the girl he liked, and wanted to do everything right in order to impress her.

Yesterday's game was the final game of the group stage. Germany played Cameroon and won 3-1, with Timo Werner scoring two of Germany's goals. The first goal was a beautiful header, with Joshua being credited with the assist. Timo of course was named 'Man of the Match' after the game for his fantastic performance. Emilia only hoped that Leon would get that honor while she was in Sochi; she knew it would make him the happiest man alive.

Emilia thoroughly enjoyed watching her friends' game on television, but couldn't wait to actually watch a match in person. She had to wait until Thursday however, when Germany played Mexico in the semi-final.

Although Emilia was hyped to attend a real life soccer match, she was mainly excited to see Leon and Joshua, but especially Leon. Somehow, the two of them seemed to get even closer over the past two weeks. Leon would always FaceTime Emilia after matches - well after he was done hanging out with his family and friends of course. There were also a few times where Joshua would crash their calls; the two friends were sharing a room, and Joshua seemed to enter the conversations at the worst possible times.

For example, last night when Leon FaceTimed Emilia after their game, Joshua was in the room, but Leon said he was too busy listening to music and playing on his phone to pay attention to their conversation.

{flashback to yesterday}

"You look cute in my kit," Leon smirked into the camera. It was eleven at night in Russia, so Leon was in bed, FaceTiming Emilia. It was his nightly, good luck ritual. Leon was also shirtless yet again, which may have become one of Emilia's favorite looks on him.

"You don't look bad yourself tonight, Goretzka," Emi winked at Leon.

"Yeah? You like that?" Leon began moving the camera down his tanned body slowly.

All of a sudden, sensual music started to play from the room. Emilia recognized it as 'The Weekend' by SZA, because it was one of her favorite songs.

"Get it Emilia! Go lower, Leon!" Joshua hollered from the bed across from Leon's.

"Shut up Kimmie!" Leon jumped onto his bed, putting him in a headlock. "You ruined the mood."

"What mood? You're a terrible flirt," Joshua retorted, tickling Leon while trying to escape from his hold. "Plus, this song is hot, I'm trying to help you set the mood, Leon!"