Twenty-Eight: "Me, Jealous?"

Liked by lina91mey, _erik37durm and 342 others

emiliaschneider: call me ms. schneider  👩🏼‍🏫#stillneedaredheademoji

rosieschneider: take off the damn jacket, it's almost eighty degrees idiot

maxmeyer95: oi, you better tell leon that bc he's been callin you lil mama behind your back

leon_goretzka: girl i'll call you whatever you want ;)

leon_goretzka: and @maxmeyer95 werd erwachsen 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

//

It was August fourteenth -- the first workshop day for Emilia at Granite Secondary School, 'Home of the Stones.' Yes, the stones. The school mascot was a just a slab of granite, and it was odd yes, but that's the aspect of the school that Emilia found so endearing. Granite was a large part of the small towns culture, and she thought it was heartwarming that they would include it in their school as well.

"Crap, I didn't realize it was that late already!" Emilia shouted at herself as slid on her black flats before stuffing a notebook and her pencil pouch into her teaching bag. She hustled to her car, throwing her bag in the backseat before pulling out of her parking spot.

One episode of her favorite soccer podcast later, which is Emilia's way of telling time, she was entering her new place of employment. The building was made entirely up of granite (surprising, right?) and had very few windows. Emilia was already aware that her classroom didn't have any windows, which was good for the students who get distracted by looking out the window constantly, but made it feel like a bit of a prison, honestly.

"Hi, Emilia right?" Tia, the elderly school secretary asked her as Emi stepped into the office.

"Yes, nice to see you again, Tia," Emilia smiled at her, wanting to give off a good impression.

"Well, everyone is currently in the cafeteria -- there's a staff breakfast until eight-thirty, and then the rest of the day will be spent getting to know your colleagues. Hopefully by the end of the day you'll feel welcomed here at Granite Secondary. Oh, I almost forgot," She grabbed a bag from underneath her desk. "All first-year teachers get a free t-shirt! There are two this year - you and the music/photography teacher, Luca. Have a wonderful day!"

Emilia wished her well and stepped back into the hallway. She knew where the cafeteria was, as Leon had helped her decorate her classroom while he was in town. Emi missed him dearly, but was proud of the two of them being successful in their own careers.

What Emilia did think was strange however, was that Leon had already mentioned her moving to Bochum with him. He pitched her on a nice apartment, close to a school where he knew he could get her a job. Emi thought that would be moving way too fast though -- the two of the them had barely been dating a month and a half. Plus, Emilia really wanted to make a name for herself on her own. She didn't want to just be known as 'Leon Goretzka's girlfriend,' although she was proud to have that title. Emi wanted to become something on her own, and although she adored Leon, she didn't want to be defined by being 'his.'