Twenty-Four: "You're Looking Like A Whole Damn Meal."

"Babe, wake up, I think we've landed in Minnesota," Leon shook an ever-tired Emilia awake.

The two of them had left Bochum about mid-afternoon, and thirteen hours later they were in Emilia's home state where it was nearly midnight.

A car was awaiting them at the airport, as Leon had rented a car to use for the remainder of his stay. He suggested something fancy so he could show off to Emilia, but she had relayed to him that her family would be put off his by his showiness.

She was from a small, rural community in Minnesota where the population was less than one-thousand people. Most of the people there worked in some type of manufacturing, or did a fair amount of farming. Her town didn't have much to offer besides the Catholic church, a small restaurant, a convenience/liquor store, and two bars. To Emilia however, none of this mattered. She knew almost everyone in her community, and they knew her. It was that sense of friendliness that made her love her hometown dearly.

Emi didn't live in her hometown however; she lived in an apartment about twenty minutes away from where she grew up, and that's where she and Leon would be staying during his time in Minnesota. She was ecstatic to show him around the places she loved, especially because they could do it without Leon being recognized.

"Schatz, take a nap, will you? You've already plugged your address into my phone, so I can do the driving. I'll wake you up when we get to your apartment," He kissed her temple softly as she nodded her head.

Emilia waited until they passed the gorgeous Minneapolis skyline before she closed her eyes as it was her favorite view in the whole state. People didn't think Minnesota had a lot to offer, but to her, it was one of the best places in the world.

She drifted off to sleep for a while, but was awoken by the sounds of cars honking around them. Emi was startled by the noise, and wanted to know what the fuss was about. It didn't take long for her to realize that the boy in the driver's seat next to her was causing the commotion.

"Leon, what are you doing? This isn't the fucking autobahn!" She shouted hastily. "You're driving ninety-five in a sixty-five mile-an-hour zone!"

"Huh?"

"People are honking at you because you're driving thirty miles over the legal limit! Didn't you see that speed limit sign back there?"

"The one with the black and white letters? I didn't think that was the maximum - I thought it was only a suggestion," He shrugged nonchalantly.

Soon enough, Leon had slowed down and was now driving at a safer speed. Emilia switched on the radio, wanting to stay awake so she could ensure that she would make it to her apartment alive.

"I can't believe I'm meeting your family today - like all of your family," Leon spoke nervously while digging through his suitcase for something to wear.

He finally settled on a cream sweater with dark jeans, but Emilia nixed that outfit as soon as he entered the kitchen. "Babe, you really do look wonderful, but it's Minnesota. We actually have four seasons, and right now the season is summer. This-," She gestured to his outfit - "is more of a Fall look."

"Ugh, I'm afraid I've only packed warm clothes - I've always heard that Minnesota is cold."

"It's pretty nice in the Summer; you need to go change, we need to be at my grandparent's house in an hour!" Emilia shooed him back into her bedroom.

A few minutes later he reappeared wearing a black bomber over a dark pink t-shirt, black jeans, black Nikes, and a black cap with the letter 'P' on it. "Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not polite to stare?" He sauntered over to Emilia, whose jaw was literally dropped because of how good her man looked.