Fourteen: "What Is He Doing?"

Finally, the day had arrived - it was the day of Emilia's first soccer match, and most importantly Germany's semi-final against Mexico. She woke up that morning changing into her Goretzka kit, black high waisted shorts and her Adidas neo shoes.

"Oh Emiliaaaaa!" Joshua sang as Emilia opened her door, ushering him in.

"Hi Joshy."

"Joshy; I like that," He nodded approvingly. "Anyways, I'm here to tell you that Leon will be here soon - it takes him a while to do his hair."

"Speaking of the devil," Emilia grinned when she saw a German dreamboat walking into the room.

"Emi," Leon greeted her, placing a hand on her lower back while pressing a lingering kiss to Emilia's cheek.

Emi swore she could've died a happy woman in that moment. Leon was obviously flirting with her, or at least she thought he was.

"Leon," She smirked at him. "You ready for the game today? It's a big one."

"It is. But I know something bigger," He smiled coyly at Emilia.

"Oh my god!" Joshua coughed out the water he was sipping seconds before.

Emilia just stared at Leon with her mouth practically on the floor. She couldn't believe he had said that; obviously she was enticed by his comment, but she wasn't ready for that step with him yet.

"You both are so dramatic," Leon rolled his eyes playfully. "Anyways, what I wanted to come tell you is that we're leaving for the game soon, but I'm going to have you take a car with my parents if that's alright? We're not allowed to have guests on the bus on game days."

"That's okay! Will I be sitting by them too?" Emilia questioned, taking a seat on her bed.

"Yeah. I'm not sure who will be sitting on the other side of you at the game though. You'll be sitting in the players box with family, friends and other German players who aren't playing in this tournament but were invited to come here to watch us. The game doesn't start until nine, but we have to head out at eleven to have a team lunch, do warm-ups, watch a bit of game tape and just get in the zone," Leon explained.

"Mother said they'll meet you in front of the hotel at 8. It'll give you time to watch us warm up if you like and make sure you get there on time. Also, Lina said she'll text you later and you can have dinner with her," Leon explained. "I just don't want you to feel alone."

"Leon, don't worry about me, worry about your game," Emilia placed her hand on his arm.

"Retz, we gotta go. Don't want the bus to leave without us!" Joshua interrupted the soon-to-be couple.

"Okay, I'll message you later when I get a chance," Leon kissed her cheek, squeezing her hand before leaving the room.

Six hours later Emilia was waiting outside for Leon's parents to arrive at the hotel. Emi had just finished eating dinner with Lina, but she had met up with Julian's girlfriend, Lena, and the two of them were riding to the stadium together.

Emilia watched a car pull up to the curb and and saw Leon's mother stick her head out of the window. "Emilia! Hurry, we don't want to be late!"

Mara opened the door; Emilia sliding in. "It's wonderful to see you again, sweetheart," Leon's mother clutched her hand.

Emi smiled to herself, thinking the Goretzka's must call everyone sweetheart, because she could recall a few times when Leon would call her by that term of endearment as well.

"Thank you for letting me ride with you and Konrad! I appreciate it greatly."

"Oh, anything for Leon's girlfriend," Konrad poked his head out from behind his wife.