Twenty: Decisions, Decisions

Leon and Emilia had now been back in Germany for two days, and had spent the day with their favorite couple, Joshua and Lina, and their indecisive fifth wheel, Max. "I don't know guys, maybe I should go? I mean she said she has the next week off, is that like dropping a hint for me to go to LA and see her? Or was she just rambling off her plans? I just don't know!" A frustrated Max laid his head on the dinner table the five friends were currently seated at.

They were all in Munich, with Lina and Joshua catching a flight to Leipzig tonight, while Max was trying to decide if he should go and fly to Los Angeles to visit a girl he kind of liked.

Lina placed her hand over his, trying to soothe the hot-headed boy. "I think you should fly to LA. If you get there and nothing seems to click, you can take the first flight home. However, if you never go, you'll never know what could've been, Max."

"I'm sorry, but who is this woman he wants to see?" Emilia piped up, having missed half of the conversation.

"Her name is Camila Sterling, and she's a singer," Max informed her, taking his phone out of his pocket. He began looking for flights from Munich to Los Angeles, finally deciding to visit the girl who he had been having a hard time forgetting about after he had meet her nearly a month-and-a-half ago.

"Um, of course I know who Camila Sterling is! She's like only one of the most popular singers on the planet right now, Max! Wait, how did you guys meet?" Emilia questioned, not believing that Max Meyer had somehow fell for one of her favorite artists.

"We were on a boys trip, well part of the Schalke team and then some other young, random Bundesliga players too, which this one," he pointed a thumb at Leon, "backed out of because he had too many meetings with his agents." And this one, "He moved his finger over to Joshua, "Wanted to spend time with Leon and Lina instead of hanging out with me and having fun!"

"Max," Leon interjected. "You sound so salty, bro."

"Good, because I was."

There was a pause in the conversation before Max continued his story. "Anyways, so these two were here while I was in Havana with some of the boys. We didn't really have cell service which was nice, so we weren't recognized. This kind of makes Havana a popular destination with 'celebrities' because people don't really take notice of you. So, the boys and I went out like every night we were there, but the second night of our trip we went to this local club where I saw Camila. And it sounds cliche, but I swear to god I couldn't see anything but her. She was just so beautiful, and I knew I had to speak to her. So, Weston noticed this and -"

"Oh my god, I love Weston so much!"

"Emilia, you asked the question about how we met, now stop interrupting!"

"Sorry."

"Okay," Max dragged, wanting to ensure that no one butted into his story again. "Wes told me to go talk to her, but I was so damn nervous. I mean she's this big star and I'm just a dude on a German football team - and not even the most well-known one."

"No you ain't!" Joshua cheered trying to rep his club.

"Kimmie."

"Sorry, continue please."

"Anyways, so eventually she came up to me and we started chatting, and I really started to like her. She didn't act as if I was some lowlife athlete, and she didn't act like a pretentious famous person you hear about on the gossip channels. Over the next few days we got pretty close and she asked me if I wanted to go to Atlanta with her to attend one of her shows; just her and I. I mean I obviously said yes, and the next morning we were in Atlanta, Georgia, which I found out is near Florida, by the way."