Chapter 16

Emily's P.O.V

"Hey"

I jumped as a voice sounded beside me. I was currently sitting on a table on my own in the cafeteria and was not expecting any company.

I looked at my disturber and was shocked. Hannah sat there next to me, a smile on her lips.

"Hey" She repeated.

I just stared at her, not making a move to say anything.

"My name's Hannah"

"I'm Emily" I warily replied.

"How's your day been?"

"Okay I guess. You?"

"Fantastic"

I was still puzzled at why she was sitting with me when she could be sitting with the popular guys over there.

A voice cleared behind us, making me jump yet again. God, I'm jumpy today.

We turned to see Mckenzie standing there with my ex-best friends.

"What are you doing here Hannah?"

"Talking to Emily. Is that a problem?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Erm.. yes! We told you to stay away from her. She's a fucking freak! Look at her!"

I flinched at her harsh words. What did I ever do wrong?

"I believe the only freak here is the one I'm looking at" The arrogant smirk left Mackenzie's face as everyone's eyes were on our table. I got restless when I could feel their eyes burning into me.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me"

She let out a wicked laugh. 'You're passing up the opportunity of sitting with us to stick up for her!"

I flinched yet again at the choice of her words. Hannah thought about this and then nodded.

"Wow, you're smarter than I thought."

Some sniggers were heard throughout the conversation. Mckenzie glared them all, causing them to turn back round. She narrowed her eyes at us again.

"You've messed with the wrong girl"

"Whoops!"

I smiled at the fight Hannah was putting up for me.

As the girls stormed off, Hannah turned to face me. We smiled at each other and I knew we would be very good friends.

One Week Later

That's it. My life is over. My life has been ruined by one person. All in one day. That one person. Jesse. Fucking. Hart. He took my life away.

As I'm staring down at it, my evidence, all I can think of is how much of a disgrace I am. How did I let it get this far? Why didn't I stop him before it was too late? It's all my fault....again.

I think back to that night. The night he came home drunk. The night Miranda wasn't in. The night I was too tired to fight back.

Flashback (One week before)

I was sitting down, watching Footloose, thinking about what Hannah had done for me at lunch, when the front door slammed open and shut again. I heard his heavy footsteps, banging their way to the room I was currently in. I felt myself freeze knowing what was coming next. My heartbeat quickened and sweat started to form on my brow.

"EMILY!" His voice echoed through the empty house. "Wherrrre are yyyoou, fucking ssllagg?" I knew he had been drinking by the way his speech was slurred. That made me panic.

"Thhhere you are, yyyou filthy whhore"

He grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me to my feet. I could feel my hair being ripped out of my head, making me scream in agony. But this didnt make him stop. He let go of my hair only to plant and punch on my right cheek. I fell to the ground in pain. What have I done wrong?

"You arree coming with mee"

With that, he dragged me into the bedroom by my hair, and I didnt return for another two hours.

Flashback End

He didnt use a condom. And you know what that means..... yes. I'm pregnant.