Chapter 15

Emily's P.O.V

7 Months Later

Miranda's finally dead. Thanks God for that. It might sound mean but with everything I have been through, she deserved it. All the things that happened to me, she turned a blind eye to. She walked in once. Jesse was raping me. Did he do anything? No. Did she help? No. Did she say anything? Yes. All she said... "Make sure you do the laundry Jesse."

It makes me sick. Thats what she was. Sick by personality. Sick by health. She died of Pneumonia. Wouldn't have suspected it. No one had known. No ones was to blame. But apparently I was. I got a good beating from Jesse those nights. The night she died. The night of her funeral. The night of her birthday. He was hurt. Bad. I don't blame him though. She was his mother. A bad one, but a mother none the less. She loved him with all her heart. She loved him so much that she left everything, in her will, to him. EVERYTHING! It's alright for some.

I don't know how much longer I will last. I started self harming. The other night. I had heard about depressed people cutting themselves. Killing themselves. I used to think they were selfish to do such a thing. But as I kept thinking about it, I know why they did it. I'm experiencing the same things they are. It started off with just a slice. Then it became two. Then three. Then it was therapeutic. I kept going and going and going . My whole wrist is covered. Not a spot of skin free anymore. But I can't stop. It's become a daily routine. Come home from school. Cut. Homework. Dinner. Cut. Shower. Cut. Bed. Then the cycle starts all over again.

I've quit the cheerleading squad. The girls have noticed but chosen not to ask. I haven't even been wearing any revealing clothing either. I've had less male attention because of it but I don't care. No one is seeing my scars.

Miranda's dead. All I can say... 'Rest In Hell!'

I don't know why I started cutting. I think it might have been the videos in YouTube and everything I learnt about not doing it that drew me in. I made me curious. I guess it's true what they say-curiosity does kill the cat.

It was after Jesse beat the shit out of me. I was in the bathroom cleaning myself up and I saw it. The escape route. The razor. Why it was there I do not know but it was, so why not use it. I had seen all the videos and stuff showing people doing it so it was easy, right? No. It killed.

I picked the razor up. Put it to my wrist. I shivered at the coldness of the metal but it didn't stop me. If anything, it filled my energy just enough to do it. I dug it into my skin, wincing at the pain. When it started to bleed, I stared at it. I did it. The blood looked free. It made me feel free. I did it again. On the same wrist. Once again, it bled. It looked like a piece of artwork. And I was the artist.

Each set of cuts were a story. No one ever got to know what the stories were.

Present Time

I bet you're wondering how everything fits in. How I got to the roof in the first place. How Mckenzie and Jesse started going out. How I became friends with Hannah and Brad. It'll all come clear soon. It'll be too late. But it will all make sense.

30 metres left

Back To Past

Hannah Wilkinson and Brad Perfect. The new couple. New kids. Started up today. No one knows why they came here but they're here. I must say, they're a cute couple. Perfect for each other. They seem nice, not that I've spoken to them but from a distance. They've tried speaking to me but I've just ignored them. I wasn't very polite but I don't need another person to bitch about me or bully me. I won't be their friends or foe. I'll be the invisible one to them. That I'll make sure of.

Hannah's P.O.V

"Don't try talking to her, honey. She's a freak!"

I glanced back at the lone girl sitting on the table in the corner of the cafeteria. She doesn't seem like a freak to me, like Mckenzie said she was. She looks scared and misunderstood. She looks like she had a huge secret that she hasn't told anyone about.

I tried talking to her this morning. She seemed like the good-graded student I was looking for to show us around but she didn't even say a word. She just stared in fear and speedily walked off.

But she didn't scare me away like she might have intended. She can't keep me away for long. If she's done anything, she's got me hooked. I'm intrigued. I want to find out more about this Emily Sullivan.