Chapter 14

Mckenzie's P.O.V

Present Time

I watch her up there, taking her own life. I watch her fall. All I can think about is how I did this. I made her do this. I pushed her so hard without thinking twice, that she wanted to kill herself. She was pushed so hard, she was willing to jump off of a roof to leave this world.

This is Jesse's fault. He persuaded me to do this. But I didn't have to say yes. I didn't have to agree to help.

She's doing this and it's my fault. She's dying and its my fault.

Back To Past...

Still Mackenzie's P.O.V

Emily rung me earlier to tell me that she wasn't coming in. The only thing I thought... 'serves you right'.

If Jesse got her that bad, he would have some guilt about it, I know he would. He's not a person that would go around abusing people to feel joy. He's too nice for that.

Ever since that time in the changing rooms when he took my virginity, I knew he was different. He seemed so nice and sweet. He was perfect, maybe too perfect but I love him anyway. I would do anything for him.

2 Days Later...

"Hey everyone"

We all turned around to see Emily, or what I think was Emily. As I took her appearance in, I felt myself go pale and start to sweat, like everyone else in the group.

Her face had massive bruises on them. Here eyes look like they were recently black. Her arms and legs were covered in bruises, burns and scratches.

'Did Jesse do this?'

I started to feel sick with disgust. How could he do this to her? How could I think he was so innocent?

All that was going through my mind now... 'this is my fault.'

Present Time

Emily's P.O.V

 He's abused me. He's raped me. There's nothing he hasn't done. And all everyone does is sit back and watch. No one's done anything to stop him, to help me. I don't know what to do.

He raped me a couple of days ago. He's done it again since. He took my virginity. He's taken my innocence away from me. And that's something I'll never be able to get back.

2 Days Before...

"EMILY!"

Shit, he's home. I'm not going to let him hurt me. Not today. Not ever.

I run up the stairs to avoid him but it's too late.

"Where do you think you're going you filthy bitch?"

He grabbed my wrist, cutting off the circulation, and pulled me down the stairs. I whimpered in fear and pain.

"Please let go...it hurts..."

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!!'

He slapped me cheek forcefully and I fell to the ground. This is more than he's ever done before. He's never come home drunk and slap me just once.

"I was going upstairs?" I questioned him in a small voice.

"Going upstairs? GOING UPSTAIRS?" He bellowed in my ear. "YOU WILL BE STAYING DOWN HERE UNTIL I TELL YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

I nodded in response.

"Good" He sounded calm, despite his tantrum. "I'll be trying something different today"

Before I could question him, he pulled out a cloth, gagged me and threw me onto the sofa.

"Oh poor Emily" I realised what was going to happen as he caressed my cheek.

I began to shake my head over and over again quickly but that didn't stop him.

He ripped the clothes from my body and threw them to the ground.

You know what happened next. When he finally finished, I was too weak to move. I just lay there, motionless, as he spat on my body before putting his clothes back in and walking out of the room.

Where was the Jesse I thought I knew?