Chapter 6

Jesse's P.O.V

I started to drift off during Ms. Windsor's lecture. I always hated History. Why do you need to learn about the past when you can focus on the future? Like what I'm going to do with Emily. I was thinking I could-

My thoughts were cut off when someone poked my forearm.

"Psst"

I pretended to be asleep, hoping they would go away.

"Psst" They poked again.

Once. Twice. "Psst" Three. Four. "Psst" Five.

"What?" I whisper-shouted, opening my eyes to face the disturber.

It was my 'best-friend'. Owen Davidson. He was just like me. Great at sport. Womaniser. Good looking...as a mate kind of thing, I don't swing that way thank you very much.

He held his hands up in mock surrender. "Geez, don't get your thong in a twist."

"I was trying to sleep" I sighed.

"Who is she?"

"What?"

"Who is she?" I stare at my other mate. Mark Spears.

"Who are you talking about?"

He sighed in irritation. "The new girl, dipshit. You walked in with her this morning. Is she a new hook up?"

I smirked. "So what if she is?"

"Nothing. She's hot but I wouldn't think she'd be your type."

"Oh really?" I suddenly become really interested in what he was going to say. "And what exactly is 'my type'?"

"Sluts"

"Blonde"

"Bimbo"

"Sexy"

"Cheerleader"

They listed off every type of girl I have slept with before.

"So what's wrong with Emily?"

"So that's her name..." Owen muttered under his breath.

"She seems innocent and nothing like you have gone with before."

"She's different"

Out of the blue, he leans forward and put the back of his hand on my forehead.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I leant back.

"Checking to see if you were ill. The Jesse Hart I know would never say that about a girl."

I thought about what he said.

'He's right and you know it'

'Right about what?'

'You're going soft'

'Me. Jesse Hart. Going soft. Ha!'

'Don't try and deny it'

'Shut up'

I mentally groaned. Great, now I'm arguing with myself, First signs of madness.

"Ugh, I need to get laid."

"I'm sure we all know who will be willing to do that."

"Sir" I called out. "I need to piss"

"Thank you for the disturbing information Mr Hart. Just go."

"Thanks Mr D" The class giggled at my joke.

"Just go!"

"You know you love me really"

I smirked as I left the classroom.

Now I just need to find her.

Emily's P.O.V

After Mckenzie supposedly left to go to the office with Jesse, chemistry went pretty quick. I found out that I had Chloe, Pip and Dawna in my next class, English, and I was grateful. I hated it. All the essays and crap. Ugh, kill me now.

I walked into the class with the girls and the room went quiet, once again. I went to the teacher, Miss Shadem, and introduced myself to the class.

"Hi, I'm Emily Sullivan and yeah..."

"Well hello, Emily Sullivan"

I rolled my eyes. Players. I walked over and sat with the girls, my every move being watched. Like first period, and the rest of the morning, the class came and went. The bell rung, allowing us to leave history behind and to welcome lunch with open arms.

"God I'm starving"

"Ditto"

"I second that"

"So what do you do at lunch here then?" I asked.

I was walking with Mckenzie, who appeared back in home economics, Pip, Chloe and Sydney, to the lunch hall.

"Well there's cheer practice normally every other day but its try outs today"

"Hey" Chloe said. "How about you try-out? You look like cheerleading material"

"Ha, doubt it. I know nothing about cheerleading." I lied naturally.

"Oh come on! Please!" They all walked in front, blocking my path, and gave me the puppy eyes.

"Okay, but you have to teach me how to do that face."

We laughed together and continued our way to the lunch hall.

Cheerleading again. What was I thinking?