Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning in a sweat.

I must've been dreaming about my brothers again. Seeing how their careers are so dangerous, I often worried about their safety. Vaughn and Cormac were currently deployed. I haven't heard from either of them for a couple months. I pray they're okay every day.

It was 4:30 in the morning and I didn't need to be at work for another 4 and a half hours. But I didn't go back to sleep. I got out of bed and went downstairs to my living room. I turned on the TV to the E! Channel. There was a segment from what was probably a previous night about, of course, the bachelor of the year, Mr. Ryder Daniels. I heard the show host talk about how incredibly sexy and intense the man is and about how he is kind of a player. They don't know the half of it. I flipped the channel off and stopped on HBO and watched the end of
Miss Congeniality and the beginning of Miss Congeniality 2. I didn't want to focus on my boss before I actually needed to.

Eventually, I got up and showered off all the sweat I formed in my sleep. I felt much better. I dried my hair and ran a straightener through it. I out of black pantyhose, a short and tight black skirt, and a white, long sleeve body suit. I stepped into booties with a decent sized heel and some silver jewelry. I did a natural make up and some dark mascara. I grabbed my purse and my keys and headed for the door.

I arrived at work and went straight to my office. After about an hour, I heard a knock at my door. I politely told the unknown person to come in and in walked Mr. Donnelly he smiled a beautiful toothy grin. The man was stunning, but not as gorgeous as Mr. Daniels.

"Good morning, Miss Spade."

"Good morning, Mr. Donnelly. What can I do for you?"

"Please, call me Jackson. And I was wondering if Ryder was in yet. I have to talk with him about setting up a meeting."

"I'll call into his office real quick."

I dialed the number with his extension. It rang a couple times, and then a woman's voice picked up.

"Ummm who is calling?"

"Alexandria Spade. Mr. Daniel's assistant?"

I heard Mr. Daniel's angry voice in the background. He seemed very annoyed.

"Who is this?"

"Miss Spade, sir."

He paused for a moment then continued.

"What can I do for you?"

"Mr. Donnelly is here to speak with you, sir."

"Send him in here. And send security. This woman won't leave my office."

I heard her gasp in the back and try to talk him out of it.

"NOW."

I sent in Jackson and a security guard. I saw the guard and the woman leave together through my office window. It was the woman from last night.

I giggled slightly at the sight, but then I heard a cough. I looked up at my door that connected to Mr. Daniels office and he was standing there staring at me. I blushed and looked back at my computer screen, avoiding his intense glare.