Chapter 2

Everyone hates the dreaded ringing sound you hear almost every morning.

The alarm clock.

I sure as hell flung my arm over and put that bitch on snooze. No way was I missing out on 15 extra minutes of sleep.

After the 15 minutes was up, I gathered enough energy to peel myself out of my bed, to walk down the lengthy hallway to the stairs. After nearly tripping down because of my lack of sleep, I approached my kitchen. I grabbed a blueberry muffin and a glass of milk and scarfed them down. Thank God I live alone otherwise that could have been humiliating.

After my quick breakfast, I went upstairs to my room. I picked out my outfit for work that day which was a white, wrap around, short sleeve dress. It made my curves pop and my ass and tits look amazing. It was casual and sexy, but professional. I paired it with black heels and gold jewelry. Since I showered the night before, I didn't need to this morning so I threw light curls in my dark hair and slapped some light, natural make up on.

I headed downstairs, grabbed my black purse and my car keys and left. I drive a 2017 White Ford Fusion. It was gorgeous and I loved it with all my heart.

On my drive to work, I was dreading every second. My boss, the billionaire, Ryder Daniels, doesn't notice I exist. I don't think he's ever even taken a look in my direction. It didn't bother me though. His ice blue eyes always threw my mind for a loop as I got lost in them.
Of course, they were never looking at me, but I'd occasionally catch his eyes on something else. Although he was totally dreamy, he was rough. One mistake, you were fired. One wrong look, you were fired. Say something wrong once? Fired. Luckily, I'm on my 6 month here and haven't screwed up. Yet.

I arrived at work and parked in my designated parking spot. Being his personal assistant had its perks. I walked into the entrance and flashed the two security guards, Kevin and Jason, my employee ID, even though they knew me. I walked briskly to my office which had two doors, one leading to the lobby and the other to Mr. Daniel's office. I sat down and began planning out the week for Mr. Daniels. I scheduled the necessary people for the times that fit. I was in the middle of my work when my office phone started to ring. I answered with my usual,

"Hello, this is Mr. Ryder Daniels personal assistant. My name is Alexandria Spade, what can I do for you today?"

A young man spoke.

"Hello Miss Spade! This is Jackson Donnelly. Could you please put me through to Ryder? If he is not busy?"

"Yes, of course, Mr. Donnelly."

After sending his call through, I finished up my work. I then received a call and the extension read 0001, which I recognized to Mr. Daniel's extenstion. I answered,

"Good morning, Mr. Daniel's. What can I do for you?"

His was voice harsh, but calm as he stated,

"Cancel my meeting before lunch with the COO of the New York office. I'm having lunch meeting with Jackson. You are to attend and take notes. Jackson is a good friend of mine. Be respectful."

With that, he hung up.

And he said that last part as if he knew me, and as if I was never respectful. I didn't take it to heart though.

I sent out a few emails, made a few phone calls, made the important phone call to cancel with the COO of the New York office, and gathered my laptop to go on the lunch meeting.