Don't Fear Me

This is a request from KarlaGaleana, more personally known as Princess, from Wattpad who wanted to see Kaneki and Bucky interacting more and for Kaneki to lose control and kill either Zemo, Crossbone or Pierce. I will only be killing Crossbones.

Warning: The part with Crossbones may be a bit gruesome so be warned.

There was a dozen figures sitting in a circle of chairs in an empty room. An ex-soldier was recalling what happened a few nights ago.

"-I was in bed with my wife except I wasn't in bed. I was back, hidden in that house with Danny in my arms. He was staring up at me with those cold dead eyes. I woke up screaming. My wife tried to console me but I grabbed the table lamp and was about to smash it over her head had I not gain consciousness. It was horrible, she is terrified of me," the ex-soldier was nearly sobbing at that point as he regretted his actions.

"That does sound horrible, but you're getting better, Cole," Sam assures, gently, leaning forward in his chair, "you woke up from the daze yourself, it's a sign that these sessions are working. When your son is born you'll learn that you are safe and sound. No more danger."

"I guess," Cole agrees, hesitantly, after wiping away his tears with his sleeve.

"Who's next?" Sam questions, scanning the room before his gaze stops on his two newest members. "Kaneki, Bucky, you have something you want to share?"

Kaneki mulled this over for a bit before deciding to share his latest experience, "You know the building that caught fire a few days ago? Even though I was asleep when the fire truck and ambulance came, I heard the sirens. I thought they were the warning sirens back in the 20th ward, that I was being attacked. When I woke up the next morning, my room was trashed and my fingers were bloodied," Kaneki chuckles slightly in contempt, the Owl Suppression Operation was something he could never forget. The Manager, Irimi-san and Koma-san were most likely killed and Kaneki had no idea where Hinami, Banjou and his friends are. Luckily, Kaneki was able to find out that Touka and Yomo safely evacuated from the ward and was in contact with them, same with Nishio.

"Why do you go backwards half the time?" Sam jokes, happy that Kaneki was finally comfortable with opening up to the group.

"It's a gift?" Kaneki shrugs and the others laugh. 

"What about you, Bucky?" Sam queries and everyone turns to him to hear his story.

"Pass," was all Bucky said just like the last few sessions.

"Okay then," Sam allows before looking at his watch. "Today's session is over, but if you please turn your attention to the table you will see an assortment of snacks and drinks. Plus, we have our Coffee King so feel free to boss him around."

"You know, I thought I was invited so you could help me, but I guess I'm just here for my skills," Kaneki smirks.

"Man, took you long enough," Sam teases, punching him lightly in the shoulder as the others laugh. Kaneki sighs but gets up nonetheless.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood," Kaneki quips as he started to make everyone's preferred coffee. Everyone cheers before getting up and heading to the table. Everyone except one.

Bucky just stayed in his seat, deep in thought, when a cup entered into his vision, snapping him out his thoughts.

"Made it just the way you like it," Kaneki says, passing the cup to Bucky before sitting next to him.

"Thanks," Bucky replies, taking a small sip. He glances at the occupants who were chatting amiably with one another as they ate. After all they've been through, they still found the strength to smile, to look forward for a new tomorrow. Could someone like him ever be that happy? Does he even deserve happiness?