Ruined Mask

3rd Person's P.O.V.

It was a quiet afternoon in the Avengers Tower. Clint and Thor were challenging each other against Mario Cart, chowing down nachos when they had the chance, Natasha was lying on the couch, reading a book and Bruce was reassembling his watch. Kaneki and Steve were sparring in the training room while no one knew what Tony was doing until he quietly snuck into the living room.

"Boo!" Tony yelled, scaring Clint and Thor, the latter crushing the game controller. The two whipped round and saw Tony... wearing Kaneki's mask.

"Is that Kaneki's mask?!" Bruce asked, incredulously.

"Yep!" Tony answered, completely proud of himself, "don't I look mysteriously gloomy? Here, look! I'll half kill you, you bastards," Tony mimicked Kaneki.

"You're dead, Tony," Clint stated and Thor was quick to agree.

"It seems you have dug yourself an early grave," Thor quips.

"Aw, come on! It's not that bad!" Tony brushes off their warnings before taking it off and holding it up as an offering, "wanna try it on?"

"No!" Bruce yelps, offended and wondered how his best friend was so fearless.

"How much of your sanity did you lose in that last mission Tony?" Natasha inquired, sarcastically, not once looking up from her book.

"I'll have you know my sanity level has not changed since birth!" Tony retorts.

"It's sad you know that," Natasha quips.

"Is it bad that I want to try it on?" Clint questions.

"Nope!" Tony answers, throwing Clint the mask who excitedly put it on.

"Woah," Clint gasps, loving the strange feeling of cool leather on his skin.

"How does it feel?"

"It's so exhilarating," Clint breathes out, "no wonder, Kaneki has this! I kinda want to jump off the Tower and land in a superhero pose."

"Me too! Me too!" Thor exclaim, throwing his arms around wildly. Clint takes it off and passes it to Thor without thinking.

"Wait!" Bruce yells but it was too late.

(Tear!)

That wasn't good, the group stare at the large tear on the side of the mask where Thor was wearing it. "Oops."

"Oops?!" Bruce echoed, panicking. "That's all you can say?! You ripped Kaneki's mask!"

"It's not that big," Clint intervenes, "maybe you could fix it?"

"I'm a scientist not a seamstress!" Bruce raved.

"What he means to say is that you're all screwed," Natasha adds, closing her book and getting up from the sofa. "Thor, take the mask off before you damage it more."

Thor yanked the mask of his face but, intentionally caused the tear to grow, "Damn it Goldilocks! Let me!" Tony railed, tenderly holding the mask. Unfortunately, he tripped backwards causing the mask to fly into the bowl of nachos.

"AGHH!!!" The males flew into a frenzy as Bruce seized the cheese-covered mask.

"You're definitely dead," Natasha said, amused.

"Perhaps we can clean it?" Thor offers.

"Kaneki will still be able to smell it," Natasha retorts.

"She's right!" Tony yells, falling to his knees as he yanks at his hair.

"What's going on in here?" A voice interrupts, making the males jump up.