Witchblade Au 2

3rd Person's P.O.V. 

Kana's eyes fluttered open and she awoken to find herself in an empty grey room. She sat up and realised she was in a hospital bed and in a hospital gown.

'Someone changed my clothes?' Kana was getting scared, she was in a strange room that resembled an interrogation room with the rectangular table in the centre. She had no idea where she was or who took her.

The doorknob jiggled slightly, grabbing Kana's attention, before slowly opening. Kana braced herself for whoever was at the other end but she never expected to see a beautiful, redheaded Russian woman wearing a black catsuit strolling in. She looked familiar, Kana noted.

Natasha spared Kana a glance before closing the door and sitting at the table, encouraging Kana to join, "Ohayōgozaimasu Kaneki-san, anata wa takusan no shitsumon o shinakereba naranainode, suwatte mimasen ka?" (Good afternoon Kaneki, I know you must have a lot of questions so why don't you sit?)

'She seems nice enough,' Kana assures herself as goes to sit across Natasha.

"Koko wa doko? Soshite, naze watashi wa koko ni iru nodesu ka?" Kana asked. (Where am I? And why am I here?)

"Anata wa genzai Amerika de S.H.I.E.L.D. Anata ga hikiokoshita bōkyo no tame ni koko ni imasu," Natasha disclosed. (You are currently located in America under the custody of S.H.I.E.L.D. and you are here because of the rampage you caused.)

"Abare? Do no yōna abare? Watashi ga saigo ni oboeta koto wa, watashi ga bōifurendo to pikunikku o shite ita kotodeshita," Kana argued. (Rampage? What rampage? The last thing I remember was that I was having a picnic with my boyfriend.)

'So she doesn't remember,' Natasha notes, not really suprised with that. Natasha brings out a tablet and replays the footage back at the university. Kana watches in fascination and disbelief.

"Sore wa watashi janai," Kana stated before the video ended. (That's not me.)

"Anata wa Kaneki. Ningen ni henshin shita no wa anatadesu," Natasha states, skipping to the part where she transform after passing out. (It is you Kaneki. That's you after transforming back into a human.)

Kana covered her face with her hands in despair, "Dono yō ni kore ga okotta nodesu ka? Kore ni ataisuru tame ni watashi wa nani o shimashita ka?" (How in the world did this happen? What did I do to deserve this?)

"Watashiniha nani ga okorudeshou ka? Watashi wa kōsoku sa reru tsumoridesu ka?" Kana asked as if she knew the answer. (What's going to happen to me? Am I going to be locked up?)

"Īe," Natasha corrected then told Kana her offer, "watashi wa koko ni anata o boshū shite imasu Avengers." (No. I am here to recruit you into the Avengers.)

"A-Avengers? Hontō no Avengers no yō ni?" Kana questions, incredulous. It was then she recognised who was in front her, it was Black Widow! Hide had a poster of the whole team hanging in his room. (The A-Avengers? Like the real Avengers team?)

"Un. Soshite chōdo anata ga shitte irunode, anata wa sentakushi ga arimasen. Anata no tekubi no mono wa ikite ori, hijō ni kikendesu. Watashitachi no tokei no shita de, anata ga kontorōru suru made, anata wa kunren o ukemasu. Dōjini, wareware wa sore o kanshi shi, kanōnakagiri ōku no jōhō o mitsukeru hitsuyō ga arimasu."

(Yeah. And just so you know, you don't have a choice. That thing on your wrist is alive and is extremely dangerous. Under our watch, you will be training until you are in control. At the same time, we need to monitor it and find out as much information as possible on it.)

"Watashi wa imamade ie ni kaeru koto ga dekirudarou ka?" Kana inquires, quietly, hunched over. She was biting her lip as she fidgeted in her seat, her hands going clammy. (Will I ever be able to go home?)