First Meeting 2

In the Helicarrier

Kaneki couldn't help but whistle in appreciation at the large ship. "Wow, so this is where my tax money goes to."

"You don't work, you rob dead people," Natasha was quick to retort.

"Not like they need it," Kaneki responds, shrugging his shoulders. He may look like he doesn't care on the outside, but in the inside, he was a mess. He was scared to meet the Avengers, too see their judging stares, to hear their loathing comments.

"Guys, meet our new teammate," Natasha introduces. The group look up at him, they were all sitting at a round table. They all looked at him in shock or in disbelief.

"Natasha, isn't he all bit young?" Steve asked, nervously.

"I'm old enough to vote, jack***," Kaneki replies, annoyed. Tony and Clint snickers at the comment and the look on Steve's face which was bright red.

"Sorry," Steve apologises.

"W-What's your name?" Bruce asked, stumbling over his words.

"Mukade," Kaneki answers.

"You're named after a bug?" Clint inquired, dumbfounded.

"His real name is Ken Kaneki," Natasha corrects, rolling her eyes. "Kaneki, behave," Natasha ordered.

Now it was Kaneki's turn to roll his eyes, "I did warn you," Kaneki reminded.

It was then that Fury walked into the room with Agent Hill. He took one look at Kaneki before offering his hand for Kaneki to shake, "Ken Kaneki, it's good to have you on board."

Kaneki shook Fury's hand before replying, "It's not like you gave me a choice."

An awkward silence filled the room, it would have gone on longer had Fury not decided to explain the mission. "Last month, Hydra attacked and raided S.H.I.E.L.D warehouses and stole dangerous plasma-based weapons. We tracked down their location and we need you to recover the weapons."

"I don't mean to sound rude but what does that have to do with Kaneki? I mean, we can handle this mission," Tony questions. "No offence but I don't think this kid can handle a mission of our level."

"Can I leave now?" Kaneki asks, instantly. 

"No," Fury deadpans. "All the entrances to the Hydra base is protected by a plasma cannon which can destroy a tank in 3.5 seconds. It's too dangerous to send one of you there."

"Then why are you sending Kaneki?!" Steve asked, bewildered.

"Because if my head is blasted off it'll grow back," Kaneki answers, bored before turning to Fury, "that's why you want me. Because I have a higher chance of surviving than these losers."

"Exactly," Fury responds.

"We are not 'losers'," Thor said, sounding angry.

"Could've fool me," Kaneki snorts, rolling his eyes. Now the rest of the Avengers were getting angry at Kaneki's bad attitude.

"Kaneki," Natasha reprimanded. 

"You guys forced me to join, as far as I'm concerned, I don't need to be your friend just listen to orders. I don't know what you expect of me," Kaneki counters. 

"Then why don't you just quit?" Steve challenges.

"Because they threatened to experiment on me if I refused," Kaneki throws back. Steve turned his glare to Natasha, he may not like Kaneki so far but that doesn't mean that he deserves to be forced into something he didn't want to do.