Chapter 6: Remember Your Mission

"You're wrong!" Adrian protested, "Chat Noir would never destroy a plane with a passenger inside."

"Well I don't just jump out of planes for fun," I retorted.

"You have to be wrong!" Adrian insisted, and ran to a wall and pressed a button, revealing a large TV screen behind a panel. The TV flickered on, and a woman with purple smiled for camera as she spoke into a microphone. In French.

I pulled A.L.F.I. out of my pocket, frantically pressing buttons, there had to be some way to make this thing work! Suddenly, and to my relief, English filled my ears.

"Thanks to Ladybug and Chat Noir, another villain created by the nefarious Hawkmoth has been defeated. Museum Curator Dr. Crichton, also known as Dr. Jurassic, was stopped from his master plan of destroying an invasive Airline Company with the dinosaurs he had brought to life.

"That explains the pterodactyls." I mutter.

The camera widened to reveal a familiar black and red-suited superhero.

"Ladybug, there have been numerous reports of Chat Noir involved in the attack as well, do you have any explanation as to why at this time?"

"Yes, Chat Noir was involved," Ladybug said seriously, "however, it wasn't his fault! He was akumatized by Hawkmoth, he had no control over his actions!" She continued earnestly, "Chat Noir, is a good person. I know he would never hurt anyone intentionally."

"Convenient." I mutter.

I remembered how Chat Noir had gleefully destroyed my plane and attacked me, how Ladybug had come to his aid. It looked like Hawkmoth was right. They were causing chaos in Paris along with the villains and blaming it on the only person who tried to stop them.

"Ladybug," Adrian whispered, touching the screen longingly. I felt a nasty emotion that was definitely not jealously tug inside me. So Adrian Agreste had a crush on the evil Ladybug, I thought. He had no idea what she was really like.

On screen the purple-hair woman seemed to be wrapping up.

"And there you have it, folks, from Ladybug herself. Despite Hawkmoth's best efforts, Ladybug and Chat Noir will continue to fight to keep Paris safe from his akumatized monsters. I'm Nadja Chamack, with the news."

Adrian turned back to me, an expression of relief on his face. I hid A.L.F.I. in my hand. It'd probably be easier to have a pocket translator rather than depending on someone to translate everything for me, but on the other hand, I might hear something on A.L.F.I. that I wasn't supposed to hear.

"Ladybug said it herself, Chat Noir was akumatized, he had no control over what happened."

"Oh, so that makes it okay?" I took a step forward, jabbing him in the chest. "Chat Noir gets a free pass on almost killing me because he can't control himself when he goes 'evil'?" I made little quote signs in the air.

"Look, you're new here," said Adrian, looking irritated. And cute. Why did he always look so cute? "When Hawkmoth akumatizes someone, they go evil, and the only way to bring them back is destroy their akuma, then Ladybug has to release the evil energy and everything sorta....restarts. It goes back to the way things were, and everything that was damaged is repaired."

"Well, that's handy," I say sarcastically. "So what would've happened if I had hit the ground from a thousand feet in the air? Think I would be fixed along with everything else?"

"If Ladybug had seen you falling, she would've saved you!" Adrian insisted. "She'd never let anyone get hurt." He paused a second and looked at me "Actually...if Ladybug didn't save you, how did you survive when your plane was destroyed?"