~Friends~ Zane x Reader

I nearly squealed when I realized that this is the 50th chapter. This has gone so far. This chapter goes to CherylMander! Hope you enjoy your day.

~Zane's POV~
I was walking home with Syrus, as usual. I saw an old me and him used to go to when we were kids. I remembered something that happened here around that time.

~Flashback~

I was watching one of the girls from my class. I kinda had a crush on her, but I didn't know how to approach her. She usually sat alone, so I thought it would be a good opportunity. I was very nervous. What if she just laughed? What if somebody hears? "Just go Zane!" My little brother Syrus said smiling and pushing me forward. He knew because he was smart enough to figure it out on his own. I gulped and walked towards her. "Hey (y/n)," I said as I sat beside her. She looked at me and smiled. "Hi, Zane. Did you need something?" She asked. I was going to say it, but I noticed that her eyes were red, as if she had been crying. "What's wrong? Have you been crying?". She looked surprised and said,"N..no. Maybe.". She took a deep breath and said,"My Mom and Dad keep fighting. Now, Me and Mom are moving away. I don't want to leave. I like it here." She said curling her legs up to her chest. "I'm sorry." I said. I took my chance and hugged her. The bell rung and we said goodbye.

~Present~

I never saw her again after that. I kept telling myself that it was a childish crush, but I still think otherwise sometimes. "Zane." Syrus said tugging my sleeve. He pointed towards the swing set. Sitting there in the swing was a girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. She strongly resembled (y/n). Syrus pushed me towards her. "Syrus, What are you doing?!" I whisper-shouted. "She looks sad and she looks like (y/n). Go talk to her." He whispered. I knew I couldn't argue with him so I walked towards her and sat in the swing beside her. "Hey." I said trying to catch her attention. She looked up and saw me. "Zane? What are you doing here?" She said surprised it was me. "I thought you would've moved away,". I looked her and said,"No. Me and Syrus are still here. What are you doing here?". She smiled, but it was sad. She wiped a tear away from her face. "My mom died a few weeks ago. They had to settle things out, but I live with my grandmother, who lives here." She said and looked up at the sky. I got up and hugged her. "I'm sorry". She hugged me back. "It's fine, really. I'm still coping, but at least my grandmother,". "And me." I said softly. She backed away a bit, and said,"What?". I took her hands in mine and said,"Me and Syrus are here for you. Even though you've been gone for a while, we're still going to be your friends." She started crying again. She tackled me and hugged me. "Thank you,".

Well, there's the chapter. It's longer than most, but I was bored and I was putting in details. Anyways I love you guys and as always I bid you adieu. ~blue_castielle