Part 52 (1/3)

OK, change of plan. This is not going to be the last part, as I had previously said - I was writing this, and then kept writing and then kept writing, so it's going to be split into two parts (maybe even three), as this felt like a natural pause to me (without it being much of a cliffhanger) in the really long part, as I haven't finished the whole thing yet, and I wanted to get something up today, as I said I would because you've been waiting for too long. Hopefully, it's good news, as it means the book isn't over yet, and you get more parts, but even so after all these parts, I'm going to probably write some one-shots for this book of the guys marking Sang. I don't know when they'll be up, but I can tell you when the next part of the final part of the book is up, and that's going to be on the 13th of October, exactly a week from now! I really do want to thank you all for sticking with this book through the whole time of me not updating. I've been busy with writing another book of mine, and now it's finished, it'll be easy for me to pick back up a schedule with my books, as well as continuing everything else.

Anyway, I've kept you from the part for too long, I will be leaving a small recap of what's going on, below this, so you can skip over it if you don't need it.

Volto contacted Sang to tell her that everything could be stopped with him, and her mother, who had kept her captive in their basement along with her mates. Her mates and her, both concocted a plan to go but not be alone, and this is the plan. Victor made a device for Sang to use to stop Volto from blocking them out like he had done before and sent her off to meet Volto. Volto wouldn't come with her as planned so she was alone in returning to her mother.

Walking through the trees, back to the house I never thought I would have to return to, my heartbeat gets faster with each step. How will my step-mom react when she sees me? She tried to capture and torture me last time, is that going to happen again? My steps slow, and I have to will myself to keep walking as the worries take over my body. Maybe I should have just gone along with the diner. I could have thought up an excuse.

I reach the edge of the trees knowing that when I step out of them, there is no going back. What if I were to run back to the guys and go on the run with them? We could escape from here, leaving it all behind. I'm only doing this to stop Volto once and for all, so why not just leave? Would he be able to find us?

I go to step out but pull my foot back as if the sunlight would burn it. I close my eyes. I don't want to be running my whole life, and if Volto says that there is a way to finish this all, then I want to do it. I can't make the guys leave their families. The resolution doesn't help, I still stand in the same spot, shaking this time. The guys have gone silent, and not knowing where they are or what they're doing is putting me on edge. I feel Melody prowling around inside me, wanting to flee like I do.

I close my eyes and breathe in and out deeply, remembering Dr. Green's words. I want to show them I can do this, and that they don't have to continue to worry about me. With the knowledge of them being close by, even if I can't feel them, I step out of the trees. My feet continue at a faster pace than they were, without any urging from me. I soon find myself outside of the door, and opening it without a thought. I step inside, and that's when I freeze. My feet standing on the familiar floor, and seeing the kitchen where she stole me away, and locked me up. My breathing turns shallow, and Melody attempts to get me to turn back. I reach out for my mates, but don't find anything, again. No wall, to suggest they're still there. I start to panic even further. Is Victor's device still working. I reach into my pocket and take it out, finding the green light of the device shining brightly, telling me it's on. I begin to tremble, remembering the dream of none of them being my mates, or caring about me. It's like I've walked right into it. I try to pull myself together, telling myself that they're still there, and to carry on with the plan, but my feet don't move, and all I can do is stare down at the device in my hands. I flick the switch off, wondering if I'll feel the piercing noise, and pain, in my head.