Part 26

We end up putting a film on. I didn't see the title but it was funny. We're halfway through the film when I hear the girl, Muriel, call Victor's name. Kota pauses the film and we all turn to her. She shifts under our gaze but doesn't take her eyes off of Victor. I feel Melody starting to pace in my mind. Dr Green squeezes my feet comfortingly. I sigh, I didn't want to be like this when I found my mate. I wanted to trust them, but I think my mom, step mom, made me wary to trust anyone.

"I'll be back in a minute." Victor says getting up from the chair he was sat in. Kota started the film back up. I looked after Victor.

"Shouldn't we wait for him?" I ask the room.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie." Luke says turning around from where he is on the floor with Gabe, and looking up at me on his brother's lap. I smile. He turns back around and I remember that he was hit quite hard earlier. I touch his head, where I felt it on mine, and ask him.

"Does it hurt?" I whisper.

"What, cupcake?" He says looking back to me.

"Does your head hurt where North hit you?" As I say this I feel North tense up under me.

"You felt that Sang Baby?" North asks.

"Yeah."

"HA!" Luke says pointing at North. "You can't hit me anymore. It will hurt Sang."

"I only feel the hard ones." I say, so that North feels better that I don't feel them all.

"Hard ones?" Dr Green questions, smirking. I look up and realise that the film is paused again and the boys are all looking at us. Mr Blackbourne is giving a stare at Dr Green that would have me peeing my pants.

"Ignore Mr Grumpy, I do. What hard things do you feel?" He says, winking.

"Hits." I say. The grin slips off of his face.

"Who the fuck is hitting you Trouble?" Gabe asks.

"No one." I reply.

"Peanut, that doesn't make sense." Nathan says confused.

"I hit Luke earlier and she felt it." North says ashamed. Silas looks at North and says something in Greek and North responds in kind.

"Be fucking careful next time OK?" Gabe says rubbing his hands through his hair.

"I didn't know!" North says loudly, clutching onto my hips. I'm about to say something when I feel a pain in my cheek. I cry out and clutch it. It felt like I was punched.

"Mr Korba and Mr Taylor Jr. go and check on Mr Morgan." Mr Blackbourne says immediately.

"But..." They both start.

"Go!" Mr Blackbourne says loudly in a commanding voice. North grunts but lifts me up and puts me down on Kota's lap next to him. Silas and North leave the room and I realise why. I wasn't getting attacked by an invisible force, Victor was the one that was hit. I feel another pain, this time on the opposite cheek. Suddenly the ache goes. I try and get into Victor's mind to see what was going on, but I'm met with a wall. He was protecting me, he knew I was getting hurt. I then know that I can't sit here and do nothing. I rush out of Kota's arms, quick enough that he doesn't have enough time to stop me. I race towards the entrance to the room and down the hall. I know it was stupid, but I couldn't just sit there while my mate was getting hurt.

Sorry it's short and it's been a while since the last update, it won't be as long until the next update. ;) For anyone that read Eight Boys Three Words One Girl I will try and update it today, but if I can't then it will definitely be tomorrow.

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

CC ;)