Part 42

Luke is waiting for me when I come out into the hallway. He gives me a big grin, which masks his true feelings, and wraps his arm around my neck pulling me closer.

"You watched." I state.

"Hm?" He comments acting oblivious. I stop pulling him to a stop too. The crowd carries on around us, but makes noises of objection.

"Luke, I'm not angry. I want you to be honest with me, even if you think it would make me angry or upset." He smiles and we both start to walk again.

"You're amazing, you know that right?"

*^*^*

Classes drag by but finally it is lunch. I walk to the courtyard with North and Victor. All the boys I have seen, since my encounter with Mr Hendricks and McCoy, had also watched. When we arrive at the courtyard most of the boys are already there. I smile at them and sit down between Silas and Nathan.

Once we have finished the chips and crackers, I offer to throw away the trash. They look sceptical but I tell them that I'm not going far and I'll call if I need them. They finally relent and I walk to the nearest trash can. I turn around to go back when I am stopped by someone standing in my way. I first think that one of the boys followed me anyway, but I then realise that it's Rocky. I keep my eyes away from his gaze and try to move around him.

"They keep you on a tight leash?" He inquires, moving into my way. I stop.

"Huh?"

"You're boyfriend and his friends, they're controlling."

"Boyfriend?" I ask.

"Yeah. Which one is my competition?" He asks. I look up to his eyes confused.

"I don't..." I start but am cut off when hands, causing sparks, rest on my waist.

"That would be me." Silas says firmly. Rocky squints his eyes, sizing Silas up.

"Hold her while you can." Rocky finally says smugly. He directs a wink to me. Silas growls in a low threatening tone. I squeeze his arm, trying to calm him down. "See you soon." Rocky says before walking off. I turn to look at Silas who is watching Rocky walk off and only when he disappears from sight does he look down at me. He gives me a weak smile before pulling me back to the others.

"I think we just made things worse, he's not going to leave her alone, if anything it's just going to make him more determined." Silas says sitting down, I go to sit next to him, but he moves me so I'm sitting on his lap. He rests his chin on my shoulder, looking at the others.

"I hate this fucking school. Can't we just leave?" Gabriel exclaims. I giggle.

"What's so funny, Trouble?" He says, smiling.

"You sound like Dr Green. He wants to leave too."

"See! It's not only me." Gabriel points out.

"Unfortunately we can't afford it; we need to finish this job."

"What if our kind was at risk of being exposed?" Gabe asks grinning, looking out of the corner of his eyes to Luke.

"Then I assume we would have to leave."

"Well, I hope I don't kill anyone from the shock." Gabe says getting up. I widen my eyes, he's going to shift in front of everyone?

Here you go! Another update! I hope you liked it! It will be about a week until the next part. :)

Will Gabe shift?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following!

CC ;)