Part 43

The boys look hesitant, like they're actually thinking about letting Gabe shift. I look around incredulous; I'm not willing to let them expose our kind just to get out of the school. I lurch out of Silas's lap, and break free of his arms. I grip onto Gabe's arm, I don't know why because it won't stop him, but hoping that he will pause his shifting.

"Trouble, move back, I don't want you to be hurt." Gabe pleads.

"No. I'm not going to get hurt. You're not going to shift. I'm not going to allow you. Have you all lost your minds, you don't know what would happen if he shifts. We don't know who these people are and how they will react. They might come after us, just like Muriel, my step mother, and the guy in the mask." I tell them turning to look at them all. They all exchange a look, and finally Kota sighs before talking.

"She's right – Gabe sit down. No one is to shift." He commands. Gabe looks down at me. I give him a small smile, beseeching him to sit down and give up. I see his shoulders slump before he pulls me down with him to the bench. I relax, relieved that he listened to Kota, and me.

"What's happening tonight? Are we staying at the diner again?" I inquire.

"I'm not sure. We might have to go back to normal, or move on from the diner, so we can't be found. You won't be going back home whatever happens." Kota reassures me. "We'll all gather after school and decide what to do."

I bite my lip, I feel bad for keeping the guys away from their families and that they feel like they can't go home. I wish it was all over, and we can get back to 'normal' life, but I don't see a way out of it, my step mom won't give up until she's happy. I don't know what would make her happy, but I can only think the worse. The bell rings, jolting me out of my thoughts. I inhale deeply, getting up. I turn to Silas. He gives me a grin, before taking my hand.

"You ready aggele mou?" I show him a feeble smile, before giving him a singular nod.

I say bye to the rest of the guys before following Silas to Biology.

*^*^*

Eventually, classes finish and I walk with Gabe and Nathan to Mr Blackbourne's office, for the second time that day. I enter to see that most of the boys are there already. Slowly, the rest of them arrive.

"Pookie, how are you? I've needed to see your face since the run in with Mr Hendricks." Dr Green says, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm OK, a bit tired." I mumble into Dr Green's shoulder.

"We won't be here much longer." He informs me. Mr Blackbourne clears his throat before starting to talk. I guess he knows that no one would dare to talk over him.

"I know you all want to know what is happening next: Nathan, Gabe, and Kota you will accompany me. I think it would be best if the rest of you all went home."

"What?! Sang can't go back there." They all protest. Mr Blackbourne shoots them all a steely glare.

"I am not suggesting such a thing." He tells them all. "She will be staying with Dr Green." Dr Green squeezes me.

"Some quality time with my Pookie." He says.

Here you go! Sorry for the long wait! Hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following!!

CC ;)