Part 38

This amazing cover was made for me by Hozhoni!! If anyone else wants to send me anything just PM me. :)

I freeze.

"What is it?" I ask frightened. North takes out his phone, turning it to me. The camera app is open, and shows me my face. I sigh in relief, at least it's not some bug. Written on my face in black pen is the word 'cheat'. The rest of my face is covered in flowers, hearts and other designs. I giggle, feeling better after the nightmare.

"Who the fuck is responsible for this?" North asks angrily. Gabe and Luke shift. North sees this as well, and glares at them.

"I should have known!" I put my hand onto North's arm trying to calm him down.

"We told you we'd get you back for cheating Trouble." Gabe tells me. North rolls his eyes.

"I think she looks cute." Dr Green comments. I blush, looking down.

"She might be stuck like this permanently." North grumbles.

"I'm not stupid! I made sure we didn't use permanent marker. It can come off." Gabe exclaims.

"It better." North says standing up. He extends his hand down to me, pulling me up. I look back at all the boys, as we walk out, and see they are looking at each other with a worried look on their faces. North pulls me into the kitchen before I can ask them what's wrong. He leads me to the sink, and lifts me up next to it. I look around and see that it looks close to being finished. He grabs a cloth, dampening it, before starting to work on my face with it. I watch him as he works, methodically wiping in circles. I see the wrinkles above his eyebrows, and know he is upset about something.

"What's the matter?" I ask him. He looks up from his work before looking back down. I sigh pulling away.

"Tell me." I instruct him.

"It's the whole situation. It's your bitch of a stepmother. It's your nightmares. I wish it would all go away. I saw your nightmare." He admits, putting his hands on either side of my legs. His wrinkles lessen on his forehead. He leans closer and looks my face other. "You're so strong, you have these awful dreams and you still put a brave face on." I shrug.

"I have to." He smiles shaking his head, leaning even closer. I look up at his eyes, and then down to how close our lips are. He stays where he is waiting for my move. Needing to give him comfort, I lean close enough so our lips are touching. I don't know what to do so I just stay there. He starts to move his lips over mine, and I try to follow and mimic his movements. He moves his hand up to cheek, and holds it delicately, contrasting to his usual rough nature. After a minute he pulls back and gives me a small smile.

"I've wanted to do that for a while." He admits. I smile.

Sorry for the short update!! I got an offer to write on an app called Radish, and have been trying to sort everything out with that. If you want you could go over and find me, my username is the same. More information about it all can be found in Hades' Daughter or War of Fate. I am also going on holiday tomorrow and have been packing, so that means I probably won't be updating for about two weeks. :)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following (to those of you who do that)

CC ;)