Chapter Twenty: Cops at Our Door

(I know I haven't updated the actual story content in a while, I haven't had the best time coming up with story topic. And plot is hard to come up with as well. No idea what is going to happen, so my lovelies, give me some ideas! I'd appreciate the help! Love you all!)

Your eyes widened at Percy's Words. "The Police are here?! Why are they asking for me?!" Percy shrugged and shook his head. "I think I saw that dick of an ex boyfriend of yours standing with them with a sling and bandages over his eye."

You let out a sigh and rubbed your temples with your thumb and forefinger. "Of course that jackass wouldn't get the hint and decide to leave me alone."

"Did you do something to him? That's not like you, (Y/N)." Percy commented, then seemed to think of something, but kept it to himself. "You'll have to go deal with them, but i'm worried they're paid off or something. Kevin is one of the richest people in the city, he could do anything he wanted I'm sure."

You just let out another sigh as you kicked Percy out to get dressed. Random t-shirt, some leggings, a beanie, and a hoodie. You didn't want to deal with this,especially since you just got hit with a fireball, so you were slow to walk to the front door.

Once you opened the door, you were greeted with a few angry scowling men and your poor, whimpering ex boyfriend. "Are you uh..." The police officer looked at the little notebook he was holding for a second. "... (Y/N) Snow?"

"Yes, that would be me. How can I help you officer?" You said to them politely. The little innocent flower everyone thinks you are. "We were called by this young man's parents after they found him in the hospital with several fractures and a black eye." The policeman started.

"Now this young man keeps claiming there's an alien on the premises that attacked him. Since there is no such thing we asked his parents who would do this to their son." Another man brought up, continuing the first man's explanation.

"They kept saying something about many jealous ex girlfriends, and had mentioned that you were among them. We have reason to suspect that you assaulted this young man in a fit of jealousy. Am I correct in my assumption?" The first officer continued staring at you as if to see if you had some sort of nervous tick to show you were lying before you even start talking.

You shake your head at the policeman and give an innocent smile. "I live here with my boyfriend Percy! I'm very happy with him and therefore have no reason to go after this cocky money mouth hazbin." You don't even move the entire time you speak. You are solid as a rock, didn't even breathe.

The policeman looked skeptical but looked back at Kevin and rubbed his temples with his thumb and forefinger. "May we see this young man, Percy, please?"

You smile, and nod to the policeman. "Of course! One second." You shut the door and turn and yell for Percy. He's smart enough to understand what you were doing, right? Of course he would! He's one of the smartest guys you know.

"I need you to just play along with whatever the cop says, alright Percy? Don't overreact or ask questions." You told Percy as he came up to you. He looked kinda confused, but nodded anyway and took a deep breath as he opened the door.

The policemen look back at the door as it opened and slightly smiled. "Evening officer, how can I help you tonight?" Percy started off. Kevin snarled as he looked at Percy, his eyes full of jealousy. "We have heard from your girlfriend that you live in this house with her? Did she do anything peculiar recently?"

Percy's face turned red, but he smiled shyly and shook his head. "We're almost always together, She hasn't done anything wrong." He told the Officer as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. The police officer took notes in his small notebook and nodded. "Understood. We'll be on our way. Must be some other crazy ex girlfriend that attacked this young man." He closed his notebook and gave you and Percy a nod. "Have a good evening folks." He turned with his small squad and they all went to their police cars, shoving Kevin in the back seat, and drove off.

You let out a sigh of relief "That was way too close. Kevin almost blew out whole... thing, wide open to the police. We have to be more careful than that." You turned around and walked to the kitchen as you continued to talk.

"If kevin comes here with a camera, then goes to the police once he's rehabilitated, he can show everyone that you guys exist..." You continued. "Well then? What's your idea?" Percy asked you. He was correct on his assumption that you had an idea, but you weren't entirely sure that you should tell him, or anyone, until you had a look at the inside of the ship.

Thinking about it, you realised that they should have seen the spaceship once they drove up your driveway. Did they have a cloaking device? Could they hide... from their own kind if they tried? Cause since they found their targets, and didn't leave like they probably were ordered to do, then shouldn't they be fugitives by now?

"We could leave." Was all you said to Percy. He seemed to catch on, but didn't understand why you would think something so drastic. "But what about your family? The gems? Steven?" His voice sounded slightly higher, as if there was a hint of desperation in his voice.

You made a mental note of how he didn't talk about his own family. "The Gems hate me, I rarely talk to my family anymore, and Steven..." You thought about the adorable boy and his face. Would he be sad to see you go? Or would he understand what you were doing was probably for the best?

"Steven he...." You didn't want to think about Leaving now. Steven was a part of this family, as well as the crystal gems. He wouldn't go with you, but he wouldn't stay either...

You let out a sigh. "Fine, we won't leave..." You pulled out a glass cup and your favorite drink and poured it into the cup, taking a hefty sip like it was alcohol or something. Outside you could hear approaching footsteps. You smiled quietly, it was probably Jasper and Pink, they'll be so happy that you're awake.

The door opened and you turned to greet them. They stood in the doorway looking at Percy, asking something before they looked into the kitchen at you. Pink smiled widely, sorta like how Steven does when he is so happy that it can scare you.

Pink ran over to you and have you a big hug, so tight it could almost break you but you didn't complain and accepted it. You stroke pinks hair and quietly whisper "I'm fine, don't worry." To him. When pink let's go, you look over at Jasper who has tears in her eyes.

Tears? The only other time you had seen Jasper cry was when she had a nightmare about you. Percy looked at Jaspers face with shock, as if he didn't really see Jasper Cry when he helped her calm down.

You held your arms open and nodded your head, She ran over to you and wrapped you in a loving embrace. You felt uneasy tension in her body slip away as she held you, sighing deeply in relief as she took in your sent.

"I am so glad that you are okay, (Y/N)" she whispered to you so only you could hear her words. It was like only you and her existed, and nothing else mattered.

You felt the tears seep into your clothes. You wanted to try and joke around, tease her and say 'Hey, I'm fine. At least we have matching scars now.' But you figured that it wasn't the time.

You were Just Glad that you were with Jasper again.

(Okay, so I am very very... very late in posting anything about this story. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't hate me forever, Lol. I hope you enjoyed and please leave a comment, I read all of them. I love you all! Bye~)