PART 12: | A FLAMED CONNECTION |

Start from the beginning

- "Nik, what do you want?" Kol asked.

- "Well, you two told me to call you if I need your help and now I do." Klaus told them making Natali roll her eyes.

- "And just like that our paradise is ruined, once again because of you." Natali replied, annoyance in her voice.

- "You were the one that told me you'll help if I need you to torture someone." Klaus reminded her.

- "I was a little drunk back then." Natali told him.

- "Who do we need to torture?" Kol asked.

- "You need to go to Denver and spy on Elena's brother." Klaus told them.

- "That's not torturing." Natali said.

- "Why do we need to spy on him?" Kol asked.

- "Because Rebekah and I need to find those white oak stakes if you didn't already forget and Jeremy will be our leverage to get them." Klaus explained.

- "So does that mean we get to kill him?" Kol asked.

- "Not at this moment." Klaus said.

- Natali sighed, "Uh, fine. We're going to Denver. At least our vacation will just be in another city."

- "I knew you wouldn't say no to this." Klaus told them.

- "And Klaus don't try to be nice to us just because we have all the daggers." Natali told him before she hung up.

Kol placed his phone back on the nightstand as Natali leaned forward and kissed his chest, "I guess we need to get up from the bed now." she told him through kisses.

- "The moment I saw his name I knew it would be a bad idea to answer." Kol told her and as she looked back up at him she saw that crooked smile on his face that she fell in love with when they first met, "But it will be fun. We can always torture Jeremy and wipe his memories." he said as she smiled at him. Kol moved his head up, closer to her and started kissing her bare chest.

- "Kol, I think we could use a shower." Natali suggested and he didn't wait for another second to use vamp-speed and take her to the bathroom. They took a hot steamy shower, the mirrors were fogged from the steam. The hot water cascaded down on them while they made love for one more time.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

[MARSEILLES, FRANCE: 1002.]

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

"She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired for a distance, not up close."

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

That's what Kol thought while he was admiring Natali from the distance. She was standing in the ballroom alone, watching how her sister Renée dances with Lord Tristan de Martel. Luckily for Kol he wasn't afraid of the fire, so he decided to approach her.

- Standing behind her Kol said, "Why is such a beautiful lady like you standing all alone?"

Natali turned around. In front of her, she saw a handsome man, with brown hair, gorgeous chocolate eyes and a very charming smile. She was a little surprised that someone like him would ever approach her or say how she's beautiful.

- "I just enjoy watching while other people dance." Natali replied.

- "Or just a special someone." Kol remarked glancing at Tristan, "Don't tell me you like that Tristan guy."