Chapter 7

"What!" She stood up abruptly. "Who's dead?" She couldn't hide her anger. 

"Arthur and Reece." I faintly remember them. We never really talked but Galina would always gave them errands. They were always at her office. "We went hunting. Reece refused to come with us so he went somewhere else to feed. We found Arthur dead, it was definitely them. We searched for Reece but we were too late. We found his dead body near a large dumpster. I'm telling you, it's them.

An angry growl emanated the silence "I'll get them!" One of the other guys, Damen? shouted. "I'll rip their throats out kill them!" He darted to the door in a blur but was stopped suddenly. Galina shoved him back away from the door. This guy must have been really close to Reece or Arthur. Though acting like that would get him no where.

"Stop it!" Galina yelled. "you'll kill yourself in the process, attacking like that is foolish. Control yourself." This group sounded skilled, very powerful. There's only one person I can think of who could fight like that. No..it's not her. She doesn't know I've been awakened. No one in the academy knows, so it can't be her. But deep down, It felt like I was lying to myself. I can't be sure, there's a better chance that it's someone else. I tried to believe those words I kept mentally repeating, but it was hard to ignore the taunting voice in my head who seriously doubted itShe was here, in Russia. In Novosibirsk. I can't be sure. I need to find out for myself.  

The man glared at everyone, when his eyes met mine, his glare seemed to fill with so much hate. At first I didn't understand until I realised he blames me for what happened. That night we were meant to finish all ten dhampirs. He blames me because some of them are still alive and that now they are even stronger than before. I don't seem why he would, they all ditched me and left me to die, it's really their  fault. 

Everyone stayed silent, mainly to let Damen calm down and that we couldn't think of any ideas. We strigoi are used to killing freely, no plans, no organised way. Just killing. For stuff like this it was like our brains' shut down. It seemed like hours before Galina spoke.

"We can trap them. Like we did before, but this time there will be ten of us. I don't want to see anyone leave Belikov to do the work  like before. We cannot afford another mistake. We let them live, we won't again." If I didn't know her better, I'd say she was insulting me. A few murmered 'yeah' and 'it would work'. That could work. But before that I have to find out if it's true. If the nagging voice in my head teased me with the truth. If it's Rose here in Novosibirsk. I had to get out of here. I looked at the time. three fifteen, nearly dawn. 

"Galina...It's nearly-"

"Yes, yes I know." She interupted angrily. "You may leave, all of you." All five of us rose and left the room. I walked to my room, there was about half an hour before the sun will rise and I felt restless. Instead I went to the bathroom to have a shower.

When I was had finished, I entered the room only wearing a towel from my waist. I put on some pants and a t-shirt and lay in bed. After so long, I finally let myself think about Rose. What would I do if it really was her? Is it Rose? If it is does she know I'm here? If I was a dhampir, my head would probably hurt. I have to find out, I have to. The questions desperately knawed at me for hours. To keep my mind off her I grabbed the western novel I loved to read. I stared at the cover before I opened it.

She stood opposite me, a few metres apart. We both aimed our guns at each other. She looked sad and lost. I slowly put the gun in my pocket, showing I wasn't going to shoot. Her face changed as she grinned and fired. My body shook with fear as took my last breath.  

I pulled away frrom the book sweating. Hastily, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and placed the book aside. Eventhough I didn't need to breathe, I still did, trying to calm myself. That made me think similarily of me and Rose. When we meet, what if she kills me? I couldn't keep my mind off the thought, what if it meant something? I got up to take another shower. Maybe it can help me keep my mind off things.