Chapter 4

The maze was now a regular hang out for me. After Galina gave me some bizarre job to do and I had free time I would come here. Galina said we have to hunt in groups of five in case of any dhampirs around killing us off. My group included the guy I threatened days ago and Nathan. Out of sixty Strigoi, yes sixty, I have to hunt with these two idiots. There was also two other guys I didn't know. There aren't many Strigoi women here maybe about six, including Galina.

At night we would go to the same night club like we were friends having a good time out so no one would suspect a thing. Then we would pick someone and . . . well you know the rest. It was very annoying how she made the rules up like we were her puppets. 

We arrived at a night club called 'Shade' and planned to split up. I found out the guy I threatened was called Marlen and the other two guys were called Chris and Albert. After about 20 minutes we would meet up at the entrance of the club and leave, making sure of no witnesses. It wasn't because we didn't want the humans to find out of our existence (honestly...we didn't care) , but just an excuse to kill. It was part of who we were, and we loved it. If we found someone watching, we would snap their neck or drink from them. Either way, both ways are enjoyable so we didn't mind. Maybe feeding off humans lasted longer-

"You ready?" Nathan asked sounding annoyed. I pulled away from the body and turned to him. 

"Let's go." I said, dropping the body to the ground at the same time. Me and Nathan never did talk much, unless it was neccessary. In fact, I didn't know anyone in this estate,I prefer my own company. For the past days, I have only made enemies, no friends. My life here was just work for Galina, feeding, plans for getting rid of Galina and hanging out at the maze. When I was a dhampir in school, I was very shy and always kept to myself, focusing on my studies. I was also a good student in class and got the best results, Galina knew this of course. My behavior in school can now be used as an advantage, it makes me look innocent and the type of man to always follow orders like a soldier, not a leader. Acting the same now would show I haven't changed. A perfect disguise.

When we got back to the estate, Galina sent one of her humans to call me to see her. I panicked. I haven't written anything down about my plans incase my room was searched, I kept it all in mind. How could she have known? I hid the panic off my face revealing nothing to the human and walked towards the office, hoping my thoughts were wrong.

"Sit," she ordered. I sat on the soft leather chair opposite her, and stayed quiet. Something in her eyes told me she was oblivious to my plans. I mentally sighed in relief just before she spoke.

"There's been a group of about ten unpromised dhampirs in Novosibirsk and they're killing us off as you might of heard."  I nearly forgot about the sightings I heard of from other Strigoi. I didn't think they were that strong. She continued "And I'm sending you with four of my strongest men to kill them. I am sure you are capable of doing this on your own since you were my student and I know you better. You're probably the strongest of my men but they are coming for back up. You're in charge, I want you to make a strategy in order to get rid of them without raising suspicion. You're smart, you can do it." She smiled but she looked menacing and callous, which was frightening. I hated the fact that I feared her. No matter how many times I denied it, I really did find her terrifying.

"They won't be living any time soon." I replied, making myself look loyal and showing I agreed.

"You may leave." I turned around and walked out of the room. I would have gone to the maze again as usual but I needed time to think things through. Instead, I headed towards my room. A strigoi man with large red eyes, blonde hair and a hooked nose stood outside of my room as if waiting for someone. Nathan stood opposite him slightly worried. Ignoring them both, I walked past them to enter my room. The man shifted infront of the door, blocking me from entering. I looked at him, eyes narrowing.

"Hey Nathan. This guy's the one who's meant to be stronger than all of us. Why are you in charge of the group killing those bastards off? " He said. He looked angry and very pissed off. He must of been eavesdropping on the conversation with Galina.

"Just let him go, Sam." Nathan told him frantically. I doubt he was taking my side, he knew what I was capable of and was only stopping Sam from doing something he really would regret.

"Move out of the way." I spoke sounding as calm as I could but I could feel my anger rising.

"No. I came here to get rid of a big problem and I'm not leaving until it's done-" He lunged at me with full force before finishing what he was saying. I ducked out of the way. No doubt that was the big problem he was referring to. For a second he was surprised. I used the time of surprise to kick him, causing him to stumble. I grabbed his neck hard, but not hard enough to kill him, and shoved him against the wall.

"I suggest you listen to him," I say turning my head to Nathan and then looking back at Sam. He looked at me with strong hatred. I knew I had taken his place as the strongest man in the estate, but it must have meant a lot to him. 

I turned around and walked to my room. I heard a very quiet movement behind me and knew he was trying to attack me, not accepting his defeat. I dodged, turning around to face him to see his hands very close to my neck. He was trying to kill me by decapitation. He can never kill me, I'm too strong. That small action showed that he was trying to kill me. Good. An excuse to kill this bastard off. Without thinking, I ran behind him and snapped his neck as a way to distract him. But he was too quick. He moved to the side and took a couple of steps back, keeping a short distance between us.

"I won't let any guy be stronger than me and live," His eyes turned darker. "meaning you will die. I don't care about facing Galina's rath. You will suffer." He growled.

I smirked at the guy's determination, I didn't need to say anything to show how funny this really was. I may not be the strongest (because obviously Galina's stronger than me), but I won't let him get the best of me, he'll die for thinking he can destroy me, I'll make him pay.

I circled him with my vampire speed, something he must not be used to by the look of confusion on his face. I stopped and stood a metre behind him. He looked puzzled, I was so close to making the move. So, so . . . close. He spun around but I was no where in sight. I thought he might suspect me there. He looked around warily. He didn't know I was right behind him. I went for the final move but not quick enough. He punched me on my left jaw, I stumbled back, a little startled. He was good. The stronger they were, the more challenging. I grinned, harshly. I was the only one who seemed to be enjoying this while he just looked anxious and full of concentration.

"You're skilled. I can see why Galina chose you to be leader. Too bad you won't be when you're dead." I stayed quiet. This guy was really starting to piss me off. I kicked him. Hard. I saw a flash of fear cross his features as he realised what I was about to do. His eyes suddenly froze, he stared at me wide-eyed. I grabbed his neck with enough force to kill him. His head rolled off, in the direction of where a shocked looking Nathan stood. I dropped his lifeless remains, with a sense of both pride and regret. What if Galina kicks me out?

I looked around to find everyone crowding around us, some gasping and some looking stunned, but Nathan was no where in sight. I looked at my hands, they were covered in Sam's blood. I wiped it off with some tissue and walked into my room, ignoring the Strigoi around me. I sat on the bed, I felt happy for once, better. Killing him shows how strong I am. He's the strongest of her men and I killed him. I felt pride for myself that I have managed to do so. But why would Nathan run away from the fight?

Oh, no . . . stupid, stupid. How can I have been this dumb. Why did I have to kill him? Nathan has gone to tell Galina. Now, my hard work will go to waste! She'll kick me outta here and hell knows what else.

The door burst open, and Galina stormed in, Nathan standing behind here smiling in triumph. I wanted to punch him. Galina looked angry, her eyes were darker than I'd ever seen it. She looked scary, no terrifying. If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead. 

*******************************
x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x