- Chapter Twenty -

Start from the beginning

3rd p.o.v.

As they pulled away from the house and started towards school, Baekhyun turned sideways in his sit and punched Chanyeol in the shoulder. "You freaking pabo! I'll get you back for this later," Baekhyun promised as he begrudgingly grabbed his backpack and purposely whacked Chanyeol in head with it as he crawled to the backseat to dress. "If you look, I'll poke your eyes out with a pencil," Baekhyun threatened.

Chanyeol laughed and said, "Like I haven't seen everything before." Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol and whacked the back of his head again and yelled, "Yah! It's punishment for dragging me out of the house wearing only freaking boxers and a T-shirt!"

"Yeah, and now next time you'll wake up on time, won't you?" Chanyeol said smugly.

"Fucking giant," Baekhyun grumbled and slapped Chanyeol in the side of the face with his pants leg as Baekhyun pulled it from his backpack. "Hit me all you want, Baek, I don't care," Chanyeol said. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and flickered Chanyeol's ear. "Just so you know, I'm going to mess with you all day now, Park. So prepare yourself," Baekhyun warned.

"Bring it on, Byun," Chanyeol said with a grin.

Once they arrived at the school, Baekhyun gathered his things together in the backseat before pushing open the door and waiting impatiently for Chanyeol. Baekhyun tapped his foot and crossed his arms, and as Chanyeol got out and walked around the front of the car he teased, "God Baek, aren't you sassy today."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and stuck out his tongue. Chanyeol laughed, and Baekhyun flicked his forehead. "Yah! That hurt!" Chanyeol cried. "Deal with it," Baekhyun retorted. Chanyeol bit his lip, trying to hold back a smile because of Baekhyun's behavior.

"Are you still mad?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm not mad, just annoyed," he muttered. Chanyeol couldn't hold back his grin anymore as he wrapped an arm around Baekhyun's waist and tugged him forward. Then Chanyeol draped his arms over Baekhyun's shoulders as he muttered, "What will it take for you not to be annoyed? I'll take whatever punishment you decide." Chanyeol winked, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he scoffed, "Not that. But I'll think of something, so don't you worry." Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun's cheek as he muttered, "I'm not worried." Then suddenly Baekhyun grinned as he said, "Then that shall be your second mistake."

As usual, all their classes flew by, mainly the ones separate by themselves without the other. And gym class was eventful as ever, they would be rock climbing in the other gym the school rarely used because it was too small. Coach Kim lead the class from the main gym to the smaller adjoining gym, and there he informed his class of the days event.

Baekhyun's never done rock climbing in any of his past gym classes, but from the apparent grin on Chanyeol's face, he had. Baekhyun tapped Chanyeol's shoulder with his finger, getting Chanyeol's attention as he said, "I can tell you've done this before. Did you like it?" Chanyeol nodded. "Yeah, it's fun as long as someone doesn't have a fear of heights," Chanyeol replied, then Chanyeol grinned and muttered teasingly, "Why, Baek? Are you afraid of heights?" Baekhyun scrunched up his nose as he scoffed, "No Chanyeol, I am not afraid of heights." Chanyeol grinned. "Doesn't sound like it," he muttered. Baekhyun scrunched his nose again as he stuck out his tongue and crossed his arms, turning away from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol just laughed at Baekhyun's childishness. He's so incredible adorable, Chanyeol thought as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun from behind and rested his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder. "You know, you don't have to climb if your afraid of heights," Chanyeol murmured. "I'm not afraid," Baekhyun mumbled stubbornly, then he turned around in Chanyeol's arms as he continued to say, "and you've seen me climb a tree." Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun's forehead, then murmured against his skin, "That was a small tree, Baek. I could still reach you." Baekhyun shrugged, "So." Chanyeol just lightly laughed and muttered, "Am I going to have to help you overcome this fear too?" Baekhyun shook his head. "It's not a fear," he mumbled, pouting his bottom lip. "Okay, fine, but I'm going," Chanyeol said as he kissed Baekhyun's forehead again before walking over to the line of people who wanted to climb.

After watching Chanyeol being a freaking expert at rock climbing, the day started to speed by, with only a few highlights here and there. For instance, when they were in chemistry class, they were assigned an experiment and Jongin and Kyungsoo were working together, and the moment the teacher told Kyungsoo to let Jongin do the assignment too, the room erupted into a puff of smoke. Lets just say, Jongin and chemicals should never mix. So after Jongin's accident the whole class got to have free time until their next class because the janitor had to do some serious cleaning. Luckily it hadn't been anything exotic or harmful, there had just been a lot of smoke and a lot of exploding purple foam — how the hell Jongin managed to turn it purple, no one knew.

Baekhyun and Luhan were sitting at a table together, talking back and forth, while Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kyungsoo tried to cheer up Jongin, who had gotten most of the purple foam blasted in his face — Jongin was more concerned about it ruining his clothes, his hair, and skin more than anything. When the talking didn't help, Kyungsoo lead him to the bathroom again to try and wash it off again.

Sighing, Chanyeol turned around and clasped down onto the bench beside Baekhyun. Chanyeol leaned most of his weight against Baekhyun as Chanyeol was trying to curl up on the bench that was way too small for him. Chanyeol wrapped an arm around Baekhyun's waist as he laid his head in Baekhyun's lap and closed his eyes. Baekhyun smiled down at Chanyeol and swept his fingers through Chanyeol's curly brown hair, and he caressed Chanyeol's cheek as Baekhyun rested an arm on the table in front of him and rested his head on his arm so he could sit hunched over Chanyeol in an attempt to be closer to him.

Chanyeol opened his eyes and glanced up at Baekhyun with a smile. Baekhyun smiled back and lean forward to kiss Chanyeol's forehead before continuing to run his fingers through Chanyeol's curls. "You know, Baek," Chanyeol murmured. "Hmm," Baekhyun hummed, his eyes closed as he just enjoyed the feel of Chanyeol playing with his fingers and occasionally kissing his palm. "Next month is Halloween. Would you like to celebrate it?" Baekhyun opened his eyes and glanced down at Chanyeol as he asked, "But isn't that for kids?" Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun's naivety and sat up, Baekhyun moved back to allow him. "Silly, adorable, Baekhyun, anyone can celebrate Halloween." Baekhyun blushed and Chanyeol kissed his cheeks. "So, do you want to?" Chanyeol asked. "What would we do?" Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol pursed his lips, then said, "Well, . . . we could throw a Halloween party." Baekhyun smiled and said mischievously, "Oh, that sounds like fun."