Chapter 19: The Miracle Drug Addict

"PINKIE!" I yell, my face going down into the floor and my red hair losing its hold. "Pinkie... Are you there?" Pinkie looks up at me, dazed as all hell. I don't know what was wrong with her, or at least I didn't want to believe it. 

"Calli! Get over here!!" She runs over to the small area where Pinkie doesn't look like herself. "What's wrong with her?" Calli takes a good look at her, snapping her fingers in front of her. 

"Pinkie, Pinkie!"

[CALLISTA POV]

I knew what was immediately wrong with her, I was forced to take these drugs, Miracle Pills. Inside of Better Living they are used to make you forget where you are, but the big thing is they trigger memory loss. I've lost most of my childhood because of those damned things, and I hate it. But I can't change it.

"Gee, they're Miracle Pills."

"Yeah, I had a feeling but I didn't want to believe it." By now everyone was gathered around Pinkie and her spaced out figure. "She's in the process of losing her memory." Ray says. "I can tell by the way she isn't responding."

"I agree." I comply with him. "We just need to wait it out, but she won't get physically hurt so no one needs to worry." Frank mumbled something but no one really heard or understood what he said. Probably had something to do with how much he doesn't care for Pinkie.

...

A couple hours have passed and Pinkie has finally started to regain herself. BLI has it worked out to where you go through this mind lose period while you're asleep.

But we still have the question, how did Pinkie get these pills? And why is she taking them still? We wanted, no needed, to know that answer. We know a little about her past but is that what got her addicted to these pills?

"Pinkie? Can you hear me?" Gee asked her, putting a hand to her shoulder and bringing her in for a hug. It took a minute, but she hugged him back tightly wrapping her arms about his chest.

[GERARD POV]

"What's going on Pinkie?" I mumble into her hair.

"Talk..." I heard her sniffle. "Outside." I nod and pull away.

"I'll be right back." I said to the group to which they raised an eyebrow to it. Her and I walk into the afternoon sun and we sit on the hood of the TransAM.

"Alright, spill."

"My mom took the pills from the city, and when she died I took them to hopefully forget the awful memory of her. . . Of her." She burst out into tears. "Of her passing."

"Pinkie. . ." I pull her into another hug and place my arms around her shoulders. "It'll be okay, we'll get through this, ok? We are all going to help you, but first give me the bottle."

"I can't do that Gee."

"Please. I'll get rid of them, you're going to get over this. We're all going on a big adventure starting in three days that no one knows about, I need you to be conscious for that." Pinkie cleared the tears off her face and put her hair behind her and nodded. Something inside me told me she wouldn't give me all the pills.