- Chapter Nineteen -

Start from the beginning

. . . .

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

Baekhyun couldn't wait for school to end that day, it had been during his home economics class that the thought had come to him. When the final bell rang Baekhyun eagerly waited for the horrid of people to file out of the room before he was finally meet with Chanyeol's beautiful presence. Feeling extra excited because of his plan, Baekhyun bounded into Chanyeol's arms and wrapped his arms tightly around his neck as he kissed him squarely on the lips in the midst of a crowded hallway, both of them ignoring the stares they had grown so use to. When Baekhyun pulled back Chanyeol quickly leaned forward again and pecked him on the lips. Chanyeol's arms fitted comfortable around Baekhyun's waist, and there was a smile in his voice when he asked, "Why the sudden enthusiasm?"

Baekhyun smiled as he murmured, "I just missed you." Chanyeol laughed and kissed Baekhyun's nose as he said, "But you just saw me." Baekhyun sighed and bopped Chanyeol's nose with his finger as he said, "What? Can I not miss me fiancé?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes and just said, "Of course, you can miss me." Baekhyun smiled. "Then it's settled," he said as he wrapped his hand around Chanyeol's. Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's cheek as he murmured, "How are you so incredible adorable?" Baekhyun just giggled and tugged on Chanyeol's hand as he lead them from the school to Chanyeol's car.

Once they were seated comfortable inside, Baekhyun asked, "Would you mind stopping off at the store first before driving home? There are some things I need to pick up." Chanyeol smiled and said, "Of course, Baek. But what are you getting?" Baekhyun shook his head and mumbled, "Can't say, Chan. Sorry." Chanyeol groaned and whined as he said, "Aw, Baek, pleasseee!" He emphasized the "please". Baekhyun just shook his head again and said, "Nope, sorry Chan, my lips are sealed." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun slyly as he said in a husky tone, "Yeah, and I could change that." Baekhyun's cheeks instantly reddened as he muttered, "Just drive, Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol grinned in response.

3rd p.o.v.

After stopping off at the store, and Baekhyun insisting that Chanyeol wait in the car, they were back at home. Baekhyun practically leapt from the car once Chanyeol had relatively slowed down enough for him not to get hurt as he yanked the trunk open and grabbed the bags in his hands. Chanyeol offered to help, but Baekhyun just waved him away and told him to get the door. Chanyeol sighed but got the door as Baekhyun headed straight to the kitchen. Chanyeol tried following Baekhyun in, but Baekhyun just set the bags down on the counter before turning to Chanyeol and spinning him around then in turn shoving him from the room. Chanyeol sighed very heavily at that as Baekhyun told him to stay out of the kitchen, and in response to that, Chanyeol stayed out of the kitchen but hovered right outside the archway with a knowing grin.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol and said, "Yah! Stop being such a smart ass and go!" Chanyeol crossed his arms and said in challenge, "Make me, my little Baek."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and said, "Yah, that's not fair, you know you'll win!"

"Exactly," Chanyeol said as he seized Baekhyun around the waist and pulled him close. Baekhyun gasped in surprise as Chanyeol set him on the counter and tugged him close, with Baekhyun's legs on either side of Chanyeol's hips. Chanyeol draped his arms over Baekhyun's shoulders as he muttered, "So now, are you going to tell me what you're doing?"

Baekhyun bit his lip as Chanyeol stared intently at him, sending nervous flutters throughout his stomach. Baekhyun shook his head and muttered, "I'm not telling you anything." Chanyeol just grinned as he leaned closer and swept his nose across Baekhyun's jaw and kissed him below the ear. "Still not telling," Baekhyun murmured, and in response Chanyeol tugged Baekhyun closer, keeping his hands on the underside of Baekhyun's knees as he kissed the corner of Baekhyun's mouth. "Sorry Chanyeol, but I'm a vault," Baekhyun murmured softly. "And vaults can be opened," Chanyeol replied before crushing his lips to Baekhyun's.

Baekhyun tried fighting against the desire; he tried fighting against the need of wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck and tugging him closer, but when he felt Chanyeol's tongue touch his bottom lip, he lost. Pulling away with a groan Baekhyun shouted, "Fuck!" Then in a much quieter voice continued by saying, "Okay, fine, I'll tell you, you freaking giant." Chanyeol tried hiding his amusement, but he failed miserably. Baekhyun just smacked his arm in response and said, "I was going to cook us ramen."

"Would the events that occurred after last time occurs this time as well?" Chanyeol asked jokingly. Baekhyun still smacked him, surprised by his words as he cried, "Yah! Chanyeol! You freaking horny giant!" Chanyeol laughed and kissed Baekhyun's cheek. Baekhyun tried smacking him again, but Chanyeol managed to jump out of the way as Baekhyun sighed in exasperation and sliding down from the countertop. Chanyeol escaped into the living room as Baekhyun sighed in relief. Baekhyun hadn't been sure whether or not Chanyeol would believe that, but he must have gotten distracted and didn't think much into it.

Well, Park Chanyeol, at least you won't be bothering me now. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise now would we? Baekhyun thought as he got to work. Baekhyun followed the directions he had found online and immediately preheated the oven to three-hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit as directed, then moved on to melting six ounces of chocolate. As the chocolate was melting Baekhyun moved on to beating the brown sugar and two tea spoons vanilla into a large bowl. He blended those together, and once the chocolate had melted he added that along with three eggs. Then Baekhyun got the flour, baking soda and salt, and added the chocolate mixture alternately with boiling water, and mixed it after each new addition. After everything was properly mixed, Baekhyun swept a finger through some the batter on the side of the bowl to taste it, then he continued by pouring it into the nine inch round pan he had previously sprayed with cooking spray, and once he had all of the chocolate mixture into the pan he slide it into the oven to bake for approximately thirty to thirty-five minutes.

As he waited, Baekhyun decided to get a head start on the chapters he had been assigned that day in his english class. Baekhyun was so quickly engrossed into his reading, that after those thirty or so minutes the timer on his phone started to go off. Marking his page Baekhyun grabbed an oven mite and pulled the pan out, he stuck a toothpick in the middle to see if it was done, and when he pulled it out it was clean. Sighing in relief, Baekhyun set the pan off to the side to cool for ten minutes.

When the pan was cool enough to touch, Baekhyun removed his creation and placed it onto a rack to cool the rest of the way. After waiting a little while longer, Baekhyun cut open the strawberry frosting package he had bought and coated the chocolate mound. Once every inch of the chocolatey goodness was covered, Baekhyun started decorating it with pink frosting swirls around the edges and adding little edible pearl-like candies to the tops of each swirl. And when that was completed, Baekhyun cut open the small white icing he had also bought and wrote the words he had in mind with the white icing. Baekhyun then picked up the chocolate dessert he had moved to a round tray and delicately placed it in the middle of the table.

Once perfectly positioned, Baekhyun took a step back, biting his lip as he looked at it, deeming it worth for Chanyeol or not, then smiled once he had. He slapped his hands over his face, trying to smack away the smile before he walked into the living room and found Chanyeol boredly scrolling through the channels on the TV. Being as quiet as he could, Baekhyun tiptoed up to the back of the couch and leaned down, he held his breath as he covered Chanyeol's eyes with his hands, causing Chanyeol to jump a little bit in surprise before Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's cheeks lifting in a smile.

3rd p.o.v.

Chanyeol lightly pulled Baekhyun's hands from his eyes and kissed one of his palms before pulling Baekhyun around the couch and tugging him onto his lap. Once sitting on Chanyeol's lap, Baekhyun placed either knee on the outside of Chanyeol's own legs and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, even with his eyes, as he murmured, "Why were you being so quiet?" Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's nose. "Because I wanted to surprise you, and I'm still surprising you," Baekhyun muttered as he got off Chanyeol's lap and grabbed his hand, tugging Chanyeol into the kitchen. Baekhyun turned around before they reached the kitchen and said, "Okay, now I want you to close your eyes." Chanyeol closed his eyes. "No peeking," Baekhyun added sweetly from further away. "Now walk in slowly. I'll tell you when to stop." Chanyeol grinned and started to walk as he muttered, "Oh Baek, what are you planning . . .?" as Baekhyun said quietly, "Okay, stop, and . . . open your eyes, Chan."

Chanyeol opened his eyes and instantly saw Baekhyun standing beside the table, curious, Chanyeol glanced down and saw a cake with pink icing. Strawberry, Chanyeol thought. That was decorated with little pink swirls around the edges that held cream colored pearls on top. Much like Baekhyun's skin, Chanyeol also thought as he looked at the pearls. And in the middle of the cake written in white icing were the words: "Happy Friendship Day!"

Chanyeol smiled softly at the cake and glanced at Baekhyun. Chanyeol pulled him close and kissed his forehead as he whispered, "Baekhyun, I love you so much," every word ringing with an immense amount of love. Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol back and whispered, "Today now marks the almost fourth month since we've met." Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol as he added, "That very first day you were both a pabo and my savior." Baekhyun lightly touched Chanyeol's cheek, pulling him close as he kissed him, then whispered against his lips, "Thank you, Chanyeol, for saving my life and continuing to save my life. I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for you." Baekhyun pulled back. "I was in a really dark place and you've managed to pull me out more and more each day. So thank you, Chanyeol. I love you."

Chanyeol's eyes stung as he glanced down at Baekhyun and roughly kissed his forehead. "Baekhyun, I love you. I'll save you everyday if I have too, and I'm so happy it was you who ran into me that day, giving us both the opportunity to save each other. I love you Byun Baekhyun, more than anything."

Baekhyun smiled sadly yet happily as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck, and Chanyeol picked him up. Chanyeol moved to the table and sat down, still with Baekhyun in his lap as he picked up one of the forks Baekhyun had set out. "It's so pretty I almost don't want to eat it," Chanyeol murmured as he glanced at the cake then to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled and lightly laughed as he muttered, "Just eat it, Chanyeol, I made it for you after all." Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's forehead before cutting into the cake and taking a small piece. He was about to eat it but noticed Baekhyun staring at him expectantly, so grinning he covered Baekhyun's eyes as he took a bite before removing his hand. Baekhyun's eyes landed on the empty fork as he said, "Yah! I wanted to see your expression!" Chanyeol laughed and cut a piece of the cake, placing it on a plate as he said, "Why Baek, that's weird." Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol's arm and cried, "Yah! You pabo! Fine, give me that." Baekhyun took the fork and cut off a piece of the cake on the plate before turning his eyes back to Chanyeol and saying, "Open up you bratty baby!" Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun for that but still opened he mouth as Baekhyun feed him the piece of cake. Chanyeol tried covering Baekhyun's eyes again but Baekhyun just smacked him away with a laugh and cried, "No, stop that!" Chanyeol smiled and finally ate the cake, this time without attempting to cover Baekhyun's eyes.

"Do you like it?" Baekhyun asked hopefully. Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's forehead as he murmured, "It's delicious, Baek. Here," and feed Baekhyun a piece of his cake. Baekhyun tried covering Chanyeol's eyes too, but Chanyeol just laughed and grabbed his hand, preventing him from doing so. Baekhyun rolled his eyes but smiled as he ate the cake. Once he had chewed and swallowed, he said, "Oh, that is good!" Chanyeol just laughed and kissed his nose. They continued to feed each other pieces of the cake, and once they were done Chanyeol covered it and they washed the dishes together before going to the living room to cuddle and watch a movie.

————————————————————
Author's Notes

Hello, my lovely reader's! I hope everyone enjoyed the update! I really like this chapter, so hopefully you did too. Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share with your friends. Thank you!

Anyway, until next time.... 🌸🌸

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️