Then there had been Larissa. The female had simply pulled a chair up to the other side of Lynn and grasped her hand, holding it like I had before she stroked patterns into her skin. She said nothing, did nothing, she had simply sat there, her eyes taking in every detail like mine did before her mate would pull her away.

Bastian, I nee- I immediately shut the link down between Azrael and I. I knew I had duties as a Beta but I couldn't leave her side. He had to understand that she came above everything for me. I stroked her wrist, feeling her heart thump against my fingertips, following the same rhythmic pattern. It was slow, so slow, but I was getting used to it. There was nothing I could do besides get used to it.

A commotion in the hallway briefly caught my attention before I shoved it away, trailing my fingers along the dark veins that ran underneath her pale skin. They seemed so much easier to see now. I didn't like that. I wanted her skin to stay that golden sand hue that I loved. I kissed the back of her hand right as the door to the room opened.

Doctor Abel gave a heavy noise of frustration. "You can't-"

"Oh pah!" The voice seemed familiar but I shoved it away, my entire attention on Lynn as I watched her chest slowly rise and fall. "They think they can keep me away? Pah! Foolish men." I frowned, my face twitching at the voice but it wasn't enough to draw me away. "Enough of this. You have wallowed enough, my son." A hand grabbed my arm and I gave a heavy growl of warning, stiffening. The hand retreated immediately before someone pinched my ear hard and yanked upwards, causing me to give a rather undignified yelp. "You do not growl at your a-bú like that!" The voice was sharp and the fingers pinching my ear twisted and I let out a heavy whine as my gaze landed on Lynn's mother.

She shook her other finger in my face. "Enough!" She flicked my nose as she gave me a heated glower. "I gave you time but you have done nothing with it! You wallow like a pig in filth!" Her nose curled up as she gave another tug on my ear that had me feeling like she was going to rip it off. "You even stink like one! Enough is enough, my son. Come!" She didn't give me any chance to protest as she started walking, yanking me to follow by my ear.

My eyes damn near watered and I followed after the witch, knowing that she would twist my ear worse if I didn't. She muttered Taiwanese underneath her breath in heated tones as she marched me through the hospital. "I need to-" I gave another yelp as she pinched harder.

"You need to listen to your a-bú!" She snapped it out as she shoved open the door to the hospital and yanked sharply on my ear. I couldn't help how I reached up, pressing it to my head to prevent her from trying to rip it off entirely. For a mundane she had a hellish grip. I was aware we were being watched as her muttering grew louder and her face grew more dark and stony.

"Bastian-chan!" At the familiar calling my eyes flicked around until I spotted Lynn's father by a car, leaning on a suitcase. "You should have learned with Lynn-chan. Don't upset Enomoto women!" He laughed loudly and I didn't get a chance to respond as Lynn's mother yanked open a door and pulled me through. The steam of the bathhouse washed over me and I went to pull her hand away from my ear but she slapped it away with a rapid set of words I couldn't understand but heeded regardless.

She marched me along, by my ear, to the main portion of the bathhouse before I found myself shoved over the edge of a pool and into the heated water. I sputtered as I came up, my clothes dragging me down. I went to glare at the female before she grabbed my shoulders and shoved me down, her Taiwanese growing more heated before she produced a comb from somewhere and started to attack my hair.

She was yanking rather hard at the knots in my hair and I winced heavily. I never considered myself to have a tender scalp but I felt like she was trying to scalp me. I reached for the comb. "I can do-"