Chapter Twenty-Eight: Part Three

I watched the truck as it pulled away, spitting gravel as it headed up the mountain. I had handed her off but my stomach and heart still clenched with worry and fear. I pushed it away, I didn't need to deal with that right now. Lynn was in good hands, she was going to be alright because I knew the doctor would do his absolute best to ensure her survival.

I moved back towards the group where Azrael had Lace standing next to a stretcher before he gently lifted her up, setting her down on it. I limped closer as he brushed her hair from her face, grasping her hand as he kissed the back of it. "We will be back, you stay safe." She waved him off before she reached out and brushed her fingers against his cheek, her claws skipping across his skin.

"Don't come back until it's all burned. Remind them why they do not engage our wrath." It was a heavy command and he nodded before kissing her gently before he backed away, letting the shifters move her towards the other medical truck.

The two younger healers shifted on their feet before Derek cleared his throat. "We should-"

"You should ensure that my Beta is healed." His voice was clipped and the two healers flinched, their gazes landing on the ground. "I need him for our trip to Caligo." The two healers moved towards me and I caught Azrael's eye. He shook his head in warning, as if sensing my agitation with the moon touched individuals. "Plato." At the hard and snapped name my gaze sought out the old healer. He was standing near the edge of the mountain side, more than likely staring out over the damage the rollover caused.

"I am in no state of mind to put forth a punishment for you right now but there will be one. The callousness you have shown towards one of the pack members is inexcusable. Mundane or not, she is a ranked member of this pack and she deserved more than that." There was a heavy censure to his voice, a heavy reprimand as a low growl rumbled the air around him. "How would you have felt if someone had treated your female that way? If someone had callously said as you did with your female clinging to life?" Natasha and Derek grasped me and I fought the urge to snarl at them. I didn't want them touching me after they had ignored my female.

"My female is dead, Alpha. I do not presume to think of situations that never happened nor ever will." Plato's voice was clipped and Azrael shook his head. Heat flooded through me from the hands of the healers as their magic forced my body to heal what was broken or injured. I put up with it for as long as I could before I shoved their hands away.

"You aren't fully healed, Beta." Natasha's voice was low and I glowered at her darkly.

"Neither is my female." I hissed the word at her and she bowed her head, her lips pressed together firmly. I didn't care that I had upset her. I wanted to hurt her but she was lucky I was holding myself back because my wolf was baying for blood and he didn't care where it came from.

"Let them finish." The command was heavy and as much as my wolf and I didn't want to bow down and listen we forced it down, gritting our teeth as Derek and Natasha once again put their hands on me, their moon given magic surging through me once more. I didn't like it, I just wanted to go and to mete out the punishment that was due for the actions taken against my female and my Alpha Female.

I looked away from the healers, unable to handle looking at them without shoving their burning hands away. A large truck came around the curve to the road, passing beside the truck that held Alpha Lace and I could sense the pack warriors that it carried. It came to a stop before I spotted another one that came around the curve. The healers removed their hands from me and I pushed passed them, heading towards Azrael as a still silence fell as those in the trucks took in the sight before them.

I could only imagine what they were thinking, a pile of dead shifters rested on the road and everyone seemed to be ignoring them with a heavy wariness. I could see it building within them as well. What had happened to the shifters was not natural and beyond our imagining and it showed in the grey skin and the skin pulled tight over bone. As much as I didn't want to, I appreciated the lack of aches and pains that I now had. I could move fluidly, with the exception of my leg.