Chapter Seven

I was pulled from my sleep by the feeling of being watched. I frowned, unwilling to let the blissful sleep leave me just yet but I also knew that being watched in the coven while sleeping was not a good thing. I inhaled quickly, my eyes snapping open as I sat up. I immediately looked for the witches watching me but there was nothing and I was slow to realize that I wasn't in my room at the coven.

I shoved my hair from my face as I looked around, the room was run down and cluttered and it was just turning light out. I scratched my cheek as reality tried hard to seep into my sleep muddled brain. I moved my hand down to my neck and scratched. The action brought instant pain and I yelped. "What the fuck?" I shifted on the bed, pressing my hand to the throbbing spot on my neck. Why the fuck did that hurt so much?

"Try not to scratch at it." The voice was low and I stiffened as I slowly turned to look at who spoke. The werewolf stood by a nearly packed dufflebag wearing only a pair of jeans slung low on his hips. My eyes immediately landed on his slightly muscular chest and trailed down his form to the dark hair that dusted down towards the waistband of his jeans. I tilted my head, staring at his slight bulge for a moment before I realized what the hell I was doing.

I inhaled sharply as I tore my eyes away from his junk and bounded off the bed. "Fucking hell!" I yanked the blankets off the bed to cover myself with as me cheeks immediately super heated with my embarrassment. "What the fuck?" Memories of what happened slowly trickled into my mind and I felt my face pale as I looked at him. I opened and closed my mouth repeatedly as I tried to process what the fuck had happened between us.

He rubbed the back of his neck, his brown eyes intent on me. "If it itches, don't scratch at it." He shook his head and looked a little off-kilter. I was glad he did because I felt way worse than he looked at the moment.

"You bit me! What the fuck?" I immediately pressed my hand to the marked flesh. It felt red and angry underneath my palm and he didn't say anything. I swallowed hard as I remembered what we had been doing when he bit me. "We had se-" My eyes widened and I choked at the realization of the actions. "Oh god! I'm not on birth control!" Panic swallowed me up and I felt my breathing increase as I thought about the consequences. I wasn't ready for fucking kids. Especially not with a fucking wolfman.

Bastian made a sound low in his throat and started to move towards me. "Easy, Lynn. Its okay." He kept his tone low and I backed further around the bed to keep the distance between us.

"You stay over there, you asshole!" I didn't want him close. I couldn't have him close. I didn't know why but instinct told me to keep him far away so whatever it was that made me go all stupid bimbo last night wouldn't happen again.

He frowned at me darkly. "How am I the asshole here?"

"Oh I dunno." I threw my hand out in exasperation. "Maybe for biting me and cumming inside me!" I glowered at him and there was a faint hint of satisfaction in his gaze that had me bristling. "Don't look so fucking smug about it." Just like a man to be all proud of his idiocy. If I was pregnant, so help him I would remove his fucking ballsack. We would see how proud he was then.

He held up his hands again and shifted his stance a little wider as if trying to keep me from feeling intimidated. I wanted to tell him I wasn't a fucking wolf so those subtle signs didn't work on me. "Just be easy-"

At the phrasing my brain all but blanked with anger. "So we can have a repeat of what happened last night?" Cause that was all that I needed. Another stupid night with unintended consequences.

"Not like that." He ran his hand through his hair and my eyes immediately landed on his slight muscles rolling underneath his skin. I cursed myself for even looking. I never looked at him like that before. "I didn't want to tell you to calm down." At least he was trying to be smart. Didn't stop him from already being an idiot though.