smiles

farkle won't stop smiling. when we woke up from the previous night, all he did was smile. he seemed very confident in everything that happened last night. his brunette hair was tossed on his head, untouched.

"good morning babe," he smiles sweetly.

"morning to you," i say groggily. waking up was always a hassle for me to do. never a morning person but what could i do.

"get up sleepily head, let's get breakfast,"

-

we arrived down to the lobby of the hotel, where a small quaint cafe was located. farkle and i sat together enjoying the moment together.

"when he hit my mom for the first time, we were all shocked. he didn't hit her again for a long time. he still drank but didn't hit," farkle explained out of nowhere, referring to his dad.

"how come she's never left him,"

the boy lets out a dry laugh almost. "i've asked her that so many times. she's waiting, i think, for the right moment. she still believes that deep inside the person who loved her is still there," his fists clench a little and i put my hand on top of his for comfort.

"i mean how messed up this that? for someone to have faith in someone else who hurts you. that person broke their trust long ago but they still have faith," farkle looks at me but i'm in awe. he's so raw and truthful that sometimes it hurts. it hurts to see how much people have hurt him.

"why don't you leave then sparkles?"

"i basically did," he replies.

i tilt my head, unsure of what to say and what he said.

"i came to paris with you. i made a decision on my own to go and see the world with you. to try and not worry about my family. but it's hard not to, because you are family may. one day, you will be." i feel my cheeks heat up from his compliment.

"i love you my boy,"

we seal our words with a kiss, but this one more eager than ever. farkle seemed to be searching for something in that, looking for an answer to all his prayers.

i might not be able to save myself
from my sickness, but i can save him. before it's too late and i have to leave him. i can make sure he's okay.

im so sorry the chapter is horrible and short! ive been supa busy and have awful writers block. hopefully i'll update a bunch when spring break starts.
much love
saerin