paris

farkle and i get dressed as we plan on exploring the city. i take over the bathroom while he gets the living area.

inside, the bathroom i sit on the bench and sigh. my reflection shows messy hair and some eye bags to complete the look. i quickly unzip my backpack and makeup bag, taking out a pink two piece outfit. i slip on the clothing, the fabric touching my skin. my hair rests in a low ponytail and i start on my makeup. a few dollops of concealer, highlighter and lip gloss and i'm done. my hands feel shaky but i try to ignore the feeling. i'm not going to let that ruin my day with farkle.

as i walk outside the bathroom and towards farkle, his head raises. he sits on the bed with his phone in his hand but it soon falls. he stares up at me with his mouth wide open.

"damn,"

i blush immediately. i wasn't used to compliments and i don't think i ever will. the thought of someone believing you look great or liking your personality, it's too much.

"you cleaned up nicely too," i laugh. the brunette has on a simple collared blue shirt with a deeper blue colored sweater on top. today he decided on some nice rounded glasses to complete the look.

he walks to me and places his hand on my cheek. "but you know who cleaned up better,"

"and who might that be?" i ask teasingly.

"me bitch," he laughs and runs off into the hallway and towards to elevators of the hotel. i chase after me and made sure to lock the door of our hotel room.

-

i never knew that one city could produce so much culture. everywhere i look something new catches my eye and i can't unsee it. farkle and i walk hand in hand our destination becoming closer and closer. he glances over at me the same time i do, making us both blush but hold tighter.

we walk with people passing speaking in french and english, their beautiful languages mixing together. the view of the eiffel tower settles in and i squeal in delight.

"farkle! farkle, look! it's the eiffel tower! oh my god i'm so excited i might throw up," i ramble on. the boy just guffaws in response. i drag farkle's hand and make him run with me all the way to the scenery.

the closer we got, the more butterflies appeared in my stomach. there's a visible patch of grass that isn't occupied so we rest for a while. i feel a tear sliding down my cheek and onto my skirt. farkle wipes my tear and his hand intertwines with mine. all i can do is smile in reply. we sit in silence enjoying the view of the eiffel tower of me and for farkle, the view is me.

i rest my head on his shoulder as he pulls out his beloved camera.

"let me snap a few," he insists. i allow him to, knowing that we both want to keep this memory forever with us. because there's a part of us that knows, this could be the last time.

when he finishes, i snap a few of my own on my phone. a candid shot of farkle with his camera and a few of the view. i love paris.

-

back in our hotel room, we sit down on the sofa waiting for the room service we ordered. i flip through a couple tv channels but the french dialogue makes everything harder to understand.

"oh wait just a minute, i have a surprise for you," farkle disappears and rummages through the closet. out he pulls a silver box and a white ribbon wrapped around it.

"farkle, you really shouldn't have,"

"just open the box," he giggles. i follow his instructions and inside lies a beautiful black dress covered in gold sequins.

"are you fucking serious? this is so amazing!" i gasp. "ugh i wish i could have gotten something for you!" i frown.

"nah, babe. you've been there for me when my family made it impossible for me to see another day. but you showed me the light and brought me back. i just wanted to thank you," he tenderly whispers. "c'mon now, let's see you in that thing,"

the second i wear the dress, the more i fall in love with the way it looks. it hugs my body in all the right places and my hair covers my bare shoulders.

i step out into the balcony where farkle is, sipping a bottle of coke. the moon creeps up and the stars shin brightly next to the eiffel tower.

"damn, damn, damn," farkle smirks when he sees me. "do i know clothing or what,"

"you did a pretty good job, i must say,"

he pulls me closer and kisses my on the lips. i've been waiting the entire day for that one action. we sway together with the music from the hotel room that can be heard.

"in the city of love, you're the only one i want to be with," i say.

"ditto," the boy replies. his eyes glance down at my lips and i bite my lip.

"farkle,"

"may,"

"i love you," we say in unison. the space between us becomes smaller until there is none and our lips meet.