Chapter 13

Cody's POV

Why of all people did he have to come and stop me! Hasn't he insulted me or hurt me in some type of way enough already?

Questions were running through my mind as Leon scratched the back of his head and let go of my arm, we stayed silent for what felt like a millennium but Leon decided to break the awkwardness, but it didn't seem to work.

"Hey did you hear me?" He said which made me confused, what was he talking about? It must of shown on my face because he restated whatever he said before, "I said how's it going! like with your mate and all."

I gulped down my fear and decided I would confront him about all those years.

"Good, very good. Everything is peachy well except Lenore's dead but can't help that. So why are you talking to me? Is this some kind of sick prank?" I glared at him but Leon just held his hands up in surrender.

"No. Straight to the point I see huh! Well I know I've been awful to be you but I'd like to apologise, move past it ya know we are going to be in the same pack and I'm sure we'll see each other around," Leon cleared his throat moistened his lips with his saliva and continued, "I'm sorry that I've hurt you! In many ways and you deserve an explanation why, I've liked you for awhile but you don't have to worry I'm in a relationship now!"

My mouth dropped as I tried to consume his latest confession but was still mulling over his liking me and him having a partner. I started pacing thinking of what to say or do but decided on the questioning route.

"So you liked me, do you still?" I asked

"Yeah I do but don't worry I won't try to break you and your mate up, Terion wasn't it?" Leon soothed my uneasiness.

"Yeah it's Terion so you have a...boyfriend?" I raised an eyebrow and waited conformation.

With a chuckle Leon nodded and divulged more information, "Yes he's a guy, he's so nice to me I met him a week after you left."

"A weeks!" I was suspicious as to who Leon was hanging around with.

"Yeah well can you keep a secret?" Leon asked then bit his lip, it seemed he hasn't told anyone whatever he was about to, "He's not from our old pack or this one.. he's from the blood mountain pack!" Leon whispered the last part and it made me freeze up, the blood mountain pack was a vicious one they barely go into town or show themselves to other packs. I looked around and made sure no one was near to hear us.

"How did you guys meet? Is he your mate? Did he hurt you? Please don't tell me you...." Leon cut me off and shook his head.

"Okay one question at a time, he's not my mate sadly but his already died he knows for a fact. He's never met his true mate but felt it when they died and he hasn't hurt me, it's a long story of how we met but if you have the time?" Leon said and I nodded instantly, I so wanted to hear this.

~Leon's Flashback~

I couldn't believe Cody left! I shouldn't have been so mean to him maybe he would've stayed if I confessed my love to him, he'd forget my shitty attitude towards him with a lot of apologizes and begging.

I walked along the dirt path mulling over what I could've did right for Cody to like me back but I had a feeling it was too late for some reason. I hoped he wasn't hurt or dead, I know the pack sent someone after him but I wasn't to sure if they could be trusted!

With I sigh I kicked the rocks on the ground with my bare foot for them to bounce off a tree a couple feet away from me. As I continued walking my ears picked up the rush of a stream so I decided a good mouthful of water would do me good and headed in the direction of it. But as I took sight of the water a loud snap of a tree branch cracked up ahead, I ducked behind some bushes that were near the water and peeked over them to spot a well sculpted man washing off blood on his naked body. It had me drooling on sight but when a breeze picked up it carried his scent to me I stiffened because that was the scent of the mountains. I was terrified now, a pack of wolf's lived up in the mountains but rarely came down. They were know to be vicious in battle and I sure wasn't much of a fighter.