Chapter 1

Terion's POV

My paws stung from running miles to the Blood Rock pack. I was dehydrated, my joints burned and I cold barely keep my eyes open. Why was I going through this? Why didn't I stop and rest?

My brother Vince, his mate was having complications in her pregnancy, From what I could tell when he called me hysterical, it wasn't good. I couldn't blame them for worrying, her mother died giving birth to her.

As soon as I got him to hang up and return to his wife, I was out of the bar I stopped in to have a couple drinks and relax. I was in a tiny town called Newport when Vince called. It was a long way from the Blood Rock pack but I knew I would make it before sunset, I was unnaturally fast.

As I neared the pack territory many hours later I howled loudly to signal I was approaching. When I ran over their territory two werewolves ran up along side me, one a brown and black while the other was a gray.

I could tell their wolves stood on edge being around me. They both were as big as me but I knew with one sniff they weren't strong enough to take me down, not even together and they knew it too. You see I was born to be an alpha but I denied the position so naturally the second son came to take my place. Vince was mostly a compassionate person but stood his ground when he set his mind to something. My father was upset that I didn't take the alpha status but accepted my choice.

It didn't take long before I could see the tree's hiding the three story house in the distance. So I pushed my muscles to the max, and as I neard a door I shifted to my human form quickly. Just as I pulled on the pair of pants I took with me, the two wolves who came with me shifted to human form. I yanked the front door open and started sniffing out my brothers scent. I ran into people and rushed past the confused faces till I found myself upstairs, on the top floor, bursting into a big wavy carved wooden door which I recognised as Vince's room when I lived here as a teen. Once the door was open, a man who I immediately recognised as my brother sprung up from a wooden rocking chair that was pressed up against a queen sized bed that cradled a pale pregnant woman.

"Lenora, I came as soon as Vince called" I stepped near the bed slightly confused, Vince engulfed me in a bear hug, his five o'clock shadow brushed my neck.

"I'm so glad you are here!" Vince breathed in to my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and couple minutes later he was still holding on, I slapped him on the back in a brotherly way hinting to him it was getting awkward. He stepped back, his face was beat red and I just grinned.

"Yeah me too, how are you holding up? How's the baby? Where's father?" I scrunched up my face in concern. Lenora tried to sit up but here arms gave away, she huffed in defeat.

"One question at a time. Maybe if we saw you more there wouldn't be so much catching up to do would there Terion? The baby is fine, so far. Your brothers been fussing over nothing." Vince clenched his jaw like he wanted to disagree, but he held his tounge. Vince looked up at me and smiled ushering me out the door with a wave of his hands.

"We will be back later I have to have a talk with him!" he half yelled to his wife, she just nodded and relaxed against the pillows. Rolling my eyes as he led me down the hall to fathers old study. I slid the door open with ease and settled on one of the black accent chairs lounging next to a glass desk.

"It's good to see you brother I'm glad you came, I've missed you where have you been?" Vince questioned. He walked around the desk to sit in a black leather chair, his body molded against it fitting perfectly. Vince wore loose light jeanes a gray tee shirt and some walking shoes. Worry lines creased his forehead and you could tell he haven't had much sleep, bags around his eyes were present.

"I've been around here and there. I have missed you to and the rest of the pack, but I don't feel suited here you know that," I let out a frustrated groan "so where is father I would of thought he would come greet his first son!"

"Him and mom are in town getting food and other supplies. They miss you ya know! Everytime someone brings you up or asks a question about you mom gets all sad and depressed, dads constantly worried about you like if your not getting enough to eat or coming across rouge wolves." Vince shook his head and scrunched his face up in his thoughts.

"Bro don't worry. I can take care of myself and as for our parents, they will have to get past it. If it makes you feel any better I'm staying until Lenora has her baby and then some to make sure everything's fine with them, ok?" I gave my brother a reassuring smile he just nodded his head.

"Thanks, I've been so worried about her it's been very stressful around here for me. I'm going to go check on my mate. Do you want to come?" Vince stood from his chair.

"No, I think I'll go visit some old friends and family then probably head out to the territory perimiter, but I'll see you guys later." I sat up and walked with Vince down the hallway. Vince turned to his room where Lenora rested, we said our see you laters and parted ways. I walked down stairs and out the front door.

Three hours later from visiting I was walking away from one of my uncle's house, I figured I would still head to the perimiter. I jogged the whole way there which was miles from where I started. Trees swayed and animals were to be heard at the night, I guessed it was around eleven at night but we wolves weren't scared of the dark I'd say we enjoyed it more. Owls hooted in they night sky the moon was out it was almost full, in the distance twigs snapped and animals scampered away. I was close to the boarder so I slowed down, once I was there I searched around to see if anything was out of place but there wasn't so I continued down the boarder.

As I was halfway done my wolf was getting rowdy I had no clue as to why but I kept on walking. It wasn't long when I picked up paws smacking the ground, their was more than one, no howls erupted so I knew it wasn't friendly wolves. I quickly striped from my clothes and letmuch wolf form overcome me, my bones stretching and repositioning, muscles ripping in the process it didn't hurt I got used to the feeling along time ago. When I was ready I left my clothes in their spot and took off running towards the rouge wolfs. I would've never guessed what I would come across.