Girlfight

1947

It had been a whole year since you had started your training with the Winter Soldier. He had taught you over 150 languages, the ways of manipulation, gymnastic abilities, more maths and physics than you ever wanted to know, and the most important; how to take someone out.

After wiping his memory the first time, you were more careful not to slip up. It was difficult to get him to trust you again, and that was hard on you. You hated seeing your friend, who went through so much pain, not even remember the pet name he had given you. You tried your best not to change who you were, so the two of you could get to the point you were before, but some things had to change. He no longer went into your room, and when there were other soldiers around, you had to keep your face cloaked; you couldn't show any of your feelings toward Soldat.

With some work, you were able to get him caught up on your friendship. You reminded him of everything the two of you had been through. With work, he became at ease with you and started to mold back into your Soldat, breaking away from the Winter Soldier.

You had a big evaluation that day. Hydra would watch the progress you had made in the year, and then determine if you were a subject worthy to move on to the next level. Soldat had been a tad more jumpy than usual. You could tell that he was nervous whether or not you would pass. To be honest, he was probably more worried about your fate than you were. The only reason you cared to move on and stay with Hydra, was to ensure that Soldat would be alright.

A swift punch came flying towards you, out of the corner of your eye. With much improved reflexes, you arched your back in a bridge like formation, effectively dodging the metallic arm. "Tell me that's not the best you got?" You teased your mentor.

"That? That was just a warning to make sure you were paying attention. Now the real fun begins." He gave you a sly smile before aiming his fists at your center. You deflected each one with your forearms that were starting to bruise.

When you had an opportunity, you punched him square in the jaw. He stumbled backward due to the amount of body force you had put behind your own fist. The moment Soldat regained his stance, he gave you a series of punches to your stomach, earning a grunt from you. One time you tried to block it, but he only grabbed your arm, swinging it above your head, and then thrusting upward into your back. The pain was excessive as he continued to press harder. "Come on Engel, focus. You're smarter than this." He was so close to you that he whispered this into your ear.

You used his proximity to your advantage and wrapped your legs around his own and kicked out his knees. He tumbled to the ground and quickly let go of you so he could catch himself. You scrambled out of his grasp, and kicked him in the stomach while he was down. "How was that, big boy?" You smirked down at him, admiring your handiwork.

"Not bad." He stated, but you knew he had more tricks up his sleeve by the mischievous glint in his dark blue eyes. "But you have much to learn," he lunged at your legs and effectively brought you to the ground. You tried kicking your legs free, but he had them pinned down with his more powerful silver arm. You blocked a punch, but knew you couldn't for long and freaked out; you used the hand that caught his to burn the flesh on his bones. It wasn't enough to leave a mark, but it certainly got Soldat to release you and jump off. "You little cheater! No powers."

"Whoops." Your voice came out as innocently as possible, even though you had known exactly what you were doing.

Soldat hoisted himself to his feet and went charging at you. You kicked your leg up in the air at just the right time, and connected your foot to his nose. A small trickle of blood flowed out and that only egged him on. He grabbed the leg that was still on the air and forcefully pushed you against the concrete covered walls. He applied pressure to your leg so it was in a vertical split; a very painful position. "At least I'm flexible." You breathed out through the pain.