Letters

My sweet sister,

You don't have to worry about the outcome. You did all you could and that is what matters. You could still do some of those things on your own. You could organize a group of women from Brooklyn and work together. You can collect the scrap metal. I know it's not the most glamorous of jobs, but it'll make a difference. Or you could maybe think about being a nurse. You have the training for it. It's what you were studying all throughout school. I think it would be good for you. I know that blood and bones don't bother you, but I have to warn you that war is graphic. Only do it if you know you can. I believe you'll make the right choice. As for me I have had a few of my own disappointments. The reason why I have changed is because I was included in a secret experiment. It was a success, but it didn't end the right way. I can't talk to you about it, I'm sorry. But I am supposed to be a super soldier. Army of one though, because it fell through. Because my friend and mentor Dr. Erskine is no longer with us, so my mission has changed. I am not on the front lines actually. It is all shot in a television studio. Captain America is only a symbol, and I'm just the guy who fits the outfit. I feel like a dancing monkey, with no say in anything I do. I don't get to see Peggy in this new job, and it saddens me. I feel like I don't have a purpose in this war and I wish I could do what I have trained for.

I wish you the best,
Steve