Chapter 1, The Last Day

Sabrina's POV.

It was the last day of school today, and I haven't told my friends that I have to move pretty darn soon. It was 6th period and the bell was about to ring. My one and only true friend, Hailey, had the same class luckily, so I guess I'll just tell her later. It won't be that bad right? Right?

I opened the door making a creek as I entered my house.

Mr. Gutierrez is out of his damn mind if he thinks I'm going to do his homework, seriously why do we need to bring our world history book home just to take facts on the plague. He probably doesn't know that there's google in the world. Ain't nobody got time for his homework. Besides it was a Friday. Who does homework on a Friday!

"Hi hun," my mom said as she entered the room. Ugh, my back is killing me, I want to burn this history book so bad. But then I'd have to pay 70 dollars so nah.

"Hi mom."

"Homework?" She paced herself back and forth as I laid down with my stomach downwards on the couch.

"Yeah, actually my teacher told me to burn my history book." Sarcasm is my only defense.

"No, he didn't." She chuckled. I'm surprised she knew it was a he and not a she. No that does not mean heshe.

"I have to take notes on the plague," I replied.

"Sabrina, there's something we need to talk about," okay she's serious this time.

"Okay." I noticed that something is bugging her so I stepped closer since she was in the kitchen.

"Sabrina, we're moving."

"WHAT? WHY!" I said anxiously.

"Reasons." It's incredible, that right after my dad died, bad luck came to me. I thought of this bad luck as something permanent on me. But my mom thinks of it as an inconvenience, as if it were just a coincidence. She's most likely wrong just saying. Most likely...

"Why?"

"Your aunt isn't feeling so well, neither is your grandma." She confessed, my heart instantly sank.

"When were you planning on telling me?"

"I don't know, I was just worried," UGH!

"When are we leaving?" I asked

"Once school is over."

"That's in a week!" I said.

The bell finally rung, Hailey came running to me with the brightest smile after class. Typical Hails.

"SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER!" She shouted.

"Haha, yeah I guess so," I smiled.

"Let's go!" She pulled my arm as we headed out the classroom.

My shoulder accidentally bumped into someone else's. Luckily it was just Andy. Before I had the chance to say hello, and goodbye, Hailey just continued directing me wherever she went. I turned back for a second, he was just standing there. That's my goofball friend waving like an idiot. I'll just tell him about me moving some other time. I'd tell him now but, Hailey was still dragging me away, oh well. We literally just got to the front of the school, haha.

"Call your mom!" She commanded.

"Why?"

"To ask her if you could sleep over for the day! Duh." She was even happier than before now. I'm starting to get the feeling that she knows.