Broken

Jimin's POV:
My heart felt trapped in a merciless cage when the man that called out fell back onto the street. All I heard was the screams of my mom and the shuffling of feet in a panic.
Jungkook was the first to run over to the body.

"Someone help me carry him!", Jungkook looked over into our eyes.
I responded by running over and bending down to pick up the blonde haired man's legs.
We made it safety back to the safe haven with only seconds to spare before one of us became a meal.
We closed the metal doors hearing ourselves breathe heavily from the sudden action.
"Take Namjoon to the second room on the left!", the orange haired guy widened his eyes at the sight.

We laid his overheated body on the soft mattress that occupied the graffiti and the small lamp. My mom followed close to us, "I feel bad that I couldn't help..."

"Mom..it's fine, just go rest..", I told her while carefully relaxing Namjoon's legs.

"Jimin, would you do me a favor?", Jungkook asked while placing a cold water bottle over Namjoon's forehead.

I glanced up to meet Jungkook's sparkling brown eyes, "What favor?"

"Can you stay here with Namjoon for awhile?", he asked with a weak voice.

I nodded in response and watched the back of Jungkook leave the room.

As I placed my eyes all around the room, I began to notice a bright yellow substance slowly invading the vintage ceiling, but my focus soon averted back to Namjoon when I heard him groan.

"Are you okay?"

"Let me go get Jungkook..", I got off my knees and took huge strides for the door.

As I reached the door where I heard a voice calling Jungkook's name, I saw a guy hugging him tightly.

"Um sir?", I broke the emotional moment between them.

"I haven't seen you before..", the guy with the pure white hair asked.

"What's wrong? My name is Jungkook by the way..."

"You should check on him...", I stood by the door feeling the cloud of awkwardness in the air before going back to my mom that laid into a fetal position.

"Mom? Why are you sleeping like that?", I shook her awake.

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!", she woke up breathing hard with noticable drops of sweat covering her body.

"MOM! We're not going to die", I held her into my chest until she calmed down.

Jungkook came running into the main room that held many survivors after hearing my mom's voice over a bad nightmare.
"Jimin?"
"She's okay...", I smile in reassurance. As he left to go back to his room, I couldn't help but feel how worried Jungkook had become.
"I don't want to be a burden..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was in the middle of the night when a loud sound woke me from my steady dream.
What sounded like someone scratching on the metal doors. I slowly got up and placed my mom's hands off my waist.
I tiptoed barefoot down the dark hallway until the metal door came into view.
The scratching got louder as I approached, and a voice rang out from behind it.
"HELP ME! PLEASE!"
I panicked and fell back onto my tail bone, trying hard not to wince from the burning pain.
I slowly picked myself off the ground and looked through the small window caved into the metal door.
"HELLO?!", the young man started beating on the door harder.
"Someone's out there!", I yelled out hesitantly.
"Don't let them in!", the orange haired man came running into the room with disheveled hair from what I could see.
"But he's alive!", I said keeping my focus on the small window showing the outside world.
"If you let him in, you'll regret it...", the orange haired man's voice became deeper. I couldn't see the glare in the dark, but I felt it.
The orange haired man returned to his sleeping area continuously yawning along the way.
He disappeared around the corner before I brought my hand onto the cold metal clasp.
"I won't be cruel...", I softly muttered while undoing the metal clasp.