Just like Hell

Namjoon's POV:

Jungkook and I had approached a group of fighters trying to survive against the massive group of hungry zombies. At the rate they were fighting, these people would soon run low on energy to fend for themselves, so I decided to join the fight against humanities' nightmare.

But my help couldn't stop the zombies from biting them..one by one they all were pushed to the ground and eaten.
I ran into the woods and never looked back...

Only after minutes later, I realized the boy's presence was no longer by my side. I kept debating whether or not I wanted to run out and find him, but my feet stayed aligned in place like it was my fate.
I concentrated on my surroundings only for my eyes to come across a bunch of zombies coming from a building on the outskirts of the city. I quietly refilled my gun with the ammo from my sac and quietly bent low to stay mostly out of sight.
To be honest, I still felt afraid of the world that it is now, but I only recently discovered that the world we once lived in was no better.
We still had monsters roaming the earth, but the only difference was the trick of disguising themselves...

I won against the voice that repeatedly told me to stay hidden in the depressing shadows of the forest. I crouched down into the long strands of grass that poked into my legs. The moisture from my eyes slowly dried out as I couldn't look away from the trouble brewing.
Every last zombie found their way out of the distraught building.
"Did they spot me?", I peeked my eyes through the strains of grass before I retreated even lower to the ground.
"There's got to be an escape route!", I muttered to myself when I averted my eyes towards a bridge in the countryside.
I attempt to army crawl through the itchy light grass, already feeling the pain of my arms wanting to tear away from my body.
As I made my way to the bridge, a memory resurfaced of my huge camouflage military outfit, and the general yelling at us to beat the time mark for the fastest army crawl.

Namjoon! Come on man!", the general said as he held up the whistle.
I could already feel my elbows and arms start to burn as my body moved frequently.
After enduring the burning pain in my body for awhile longer, I stopped only a few inches from the mark that finished it all...

I wanted to move, but my body refused.
"Namjoon...what is wrong with you?", the general then came up to my body that laid down in the grass exhausted.
"General...I", I was breathing so hard that words wouldn't come out.

"And here I thought the burning pain was hell...", I whispered as the bridge was only a few feet from me. I kept my back arched down low to avoid being seen but something felt off..
"That smell...", my jacket sleeve saved my nose from exposure only temporarily.

There was a soft noise coming from the dark cave of the bridge arch. I let my ear lean in closer to the cave but tried to stay a safe distance from it.
"A whimper?", I thought to myself.
"Hello?", I asked the unknown.
The whimper then stopped for a mere thirty seconds until I heard it again but slightly louder.
"Hello?", I called out again.
"Who-who's there?", the voice stuttered in response.
"Are you okay?"I stepped onto the rocks of the river.
A dark silhouette shaped like a man stood up in the cave and came closer to the light. The sniffles echoed.
"Are you okay?", I asked again while finally seeing the figure approach.
The man had very pale cheeks but still had rosy tinted lips. He clung onto a stuffed animal but the strange part was that this grown man had a pacifier in his mouth.
"Uh?", I couldn't find the words to say as the man continued to suck on his pacifier.
"What's your name?", I asked not expecting to get an answer.
"It's Jin...", he replied while placing his pacifier in his pocket and wiping the tears from his pale cheeks.
"Would you like to go somewhere safe?", I gazed into his wonder-filled eyes.
"Only if you promise me I won't get hurt", he responded with his gaze on my weapon.
"I promise, come on before they find us!", I took Jin's hand like we've known each other for a long time.

We somehow made it to the city where the safe haven was, but I knew very well that it wouldn't be so easy to get there...
Zombies had people surrounded like in a arena.
I saw his brown hair and felt my heart do a leap of relief if only for a second, "Jungkook!", I called. I squinted my eyes towards his direction and unfortunately caught 'the deer in the headlights' glance at the zombie.
"JUNGKOOK?!", I called again on the verge from straining my voice.
"PULL THE TRIGGER!", I yelled out in panic.
He then pulled the trigger letting the helpless zombie fall flat on the street.
I walked towards Jungkook not realizing my body wanted to give up on me.
"NAMJOON!"
I heard his voice before I blacked out...