Defending love

Roy's POV

Even though he's sick..he's so cute I smile softly and bring a chair up to the couch to sit by him, "Riza, call the doctor and have him come up and take a look at Fullmetal"

She salutes me, "yes sir." And walks out to go make the phone call.

My subordinates come running back in holding the supplies, "what took you guys so long?"

Havoc grins a sweat on the side of his face, "Sir, we couldn't find any here so we took it from the hospital."

I smirk, "look at my subordinates sinking so low to commit theft on a care giving facility."

Fury comes over with the pillows and blankets, "sir we were only following orders"

I nod and take the pillows and gently prop Ed's head up and slip the pillow underneath, "there we go..now the blankets."

I grab them from fury and lay them gently over Ed, hopefully this keeps him warm enough his fever will break..

I look at Ed and smile sadly, "at least he's resting now"

Havoc comes over with a bucket of warm water with a rag and sets it on a stool by me.

"You guys can leave for the day. Thank you for your help, I can take it from here"

They all nod in unison and leave quietly, leaving only Ed, Al, and I in the room.

"Is brother going to be okay..? He's been depriving his body of the rest it needs sine he saw the gate.."

I look up at Al concerned, "the gate?"

Alphonse nods, "he said he knew how to get my body back..but he said nothing about his own, also, he said there needs to be an equivalent exchange..but we don't know what that is yet.."

Rubbing my eyes, I grow worried, "he can't sacrifice himself.."

"I already told Brother I'd rather stay in this armor!"

Al's yelling caused a whimper to come from Ed, I look down to check on him, "Ed? You alright?"

Ed opens his eyes a little, he grabs my hand weakly and closes his eyes again, "wa..water"

I nod and look at Al, Alphonse seems to understand and immediately goes to get him some water.

I smile softly down at Ed, "just rest now okay..?" I lean down and kiss his cheek gently, "I'm here"

I see Ed smile a little, he's all sweaty from his fever, he needs medicine.. I stroke hair gently out of his face caringly.

I grab the cloth and dip it into the warm water, damn, my hands are wet, I suppose I'm useless now huh I chuckle softly to myself and wring the rag out and apply it gently to Ed's forehead.

I was about to get up and go back to my desk when I feel Ed tug at my shirt, "huh?"

"S-stay..please? I don't wanna be alone anymore.."

I smile sadly at this and sit a little on the couch to be closer to him, "you're never alone..as long as I'm alive you will never be alone I promise you."

-time skip-

I'm in my kitchen making myself some coffee, my five I clock shadow is starting to grow back in.
I yawn tiredly and scratch it lazily, I was up all night taking care of Ed, "hm..maybe Ed would want some hot tea?"

That's when I hear a scream from the other room, dropping my mug on the ground,causing it to shatter, I run quickly to my room where Ed is resting, "Ed!"

Above his bed is a woman with black wavy hair and a skin tight black dress.

I put my ignition glove on immediately and put my hand out threatening to snap, "who are you!"

The strange woman smiles seductively, "I'm lust."

A sweat forms on the side of my forehead, "You're one of the seven homunculus aren't you."

she glares, "you seem to have done your homework"

I grin nervously trying to distract them from Ed, "I know everything. Your plans. Who you work for. And why you're after FullMetal," I of course dont know any of this, but I'm doing what it takes to distract her from my love.

She grins and steps away from Ed's bed side, "I suppose I should take care of you first."

I was about to snap my fingers to cause a flame, when I feel a sharp pain in my chest, "What the.." I grit my teeth and look down, her fingers have turned into sharp blades and stretched across the room to in-pale me.

My eyes widen, I have all five of her steel blades fingers in my chest, I look at Ed scared.

I grab one of her fingers and snap it, one of her monstrous blades is still in my chest, "y-you're a monster!" With that, she aggressively pulls out the other four.

I snap my fingers and catch her ablaze with my flames.

She's screaming loudly and jumps out the window.

A few moments pass until Ed and sits are certain she is gone.

"Roy!" Ed stumbles out of bed shaking and runs to me.

I look down at my chest and see my shirt growing red with blood, this causing me to drop to my knees, "I'm okay," I smile weakly, "what about you?"

Ed looks terrified, "don't be stupid!"I see tears falling from his eyes, I lean against him and my vision starts to darken.

I can feel Ed's arms around me and hear him screaming for help.

Riza barges through the front door, she was guarding the apartment outside the hall in case of this sort of situation. She sees Ed and runs over to help, "what's happened?"

That's the last thing I hear before it all goes black.