Bonding

Ed's POV
I walk downstairs and smell the dinner, I smile a little and find a seat at the dinner table, I'm quiet "you guys didn't have to wait for me.."

Al looks at me, "Brother, you need to eat, to keep your strength up okay?"

I take a deep breath in and look at him and smile like I normally do, "you're right Al and I'm okay I promise"

Roy sits across from me and I blush as I glance at him.

I'm such a burden to everyone around me. It's past going to bed and yet here we are eating dinner..I such a coward dammit
I didn't realize I was lost in thought,
"Edward? Dear, eat your food, it's still warm," this motherly voice was coming from Izumi, I looked up at her, I have red eyes from crying, I knew she could tell, I nod a little, "thank you teacher.."

I take a few bites and stay quiet for most of the dinner, after a while I stand up, staring down, "I'll be back, I'm going for a walk. I need some air"

"Brother, lemme come with you"

I could hear how concerned he was, I wanted to be alone, but I nodded anyways, and with that we both walked out of the house.

We both walked in silence for a about five minute, my hand was shaking, I was staring down as we walked.

Al was hesitant, "hey brother..?"

I look up at him, still walking, "yeah..? What's up al?"

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

I nod, we're by a lake now surrounded by trees, we walked out of town, "yeah..there has been some things bothering me.."

Al stops walking, "then talk to me, it's just us brother, I'm worried about you"

I stop walking and frown, I nod after thinking about it and sit on the ground and lean my back against a tree, "I'm scared all of the time..I don't even know how I'm feeling..really. I know my wounds are healed but I..I still hurt all over Al.." I tear up and cover my face.

Al sits by me, I take comfort in this, despite him just being a hollow suit of Armor, "brother, you're going to make it through this, I'm here, and so is Mr. Colonel, and we will find the philosophers stone and get out bodies back, I know we will."

He sounds so determined, I look up at him with pained eyes, "how do you know.."

"What? Know what Brother?"

"..how do you know I'll make it through this?"

I know if al had his body he'd be frowning and giving me one of his don't be this way looks, I sigh and look down, "I'm sorry Alphonse"

"Don't be, just take it easy, teacher is going to help us train and be stronger then we were before, I know you'll make it through this because you're the Fullmetal alchemist after all," he laughs softly, I smile a little.

"Let's head back al..I bet they're worried about us," even though I heard all his words, I still had that gut feeling I was going to fail him again..