The Mission

Roy's POV:

I walk into my office like it is any other day. First Lieutenant, Hawkeye, has made me painfully aware once again that I'm lacking in completion of my paper work. I sigh tiredly as I go to my desk seeing five exact stacks of paperwork I have to have completed by lunch time.

"What a headache," I muttered so no one could here. Just as I was about to finally get started, Fullmetal barges in.

"Mornin' Colonel bastard," Ed announcing his presence as he shoves my doors open to his office, "I've got that report for ya," acting smugly as ever.

Sighing, "Fullmetal it's a week late." I kept thinking how he was awfully annoying but at the same time I couldn't help but think he was adorable, why did I think that? I rest my face on my hand and daze at Ed's figure.

Ed was blushing fully now and yelled, "What is it!"

At this point everyone in the room was just watching amused by this scene.

I catch myself staring at him, I grow a little red and clear my throat, "I have another mission for you, it's a tough one, do you think you can handle it Fullmetal?" I smirk.

Ed grins back still blushing, "Of course I can!" He yanks the paperwork on the mission right out of my hand.

I can't help but have a bad feeling about this, "It's a lead on the philosopher stone."

This catches Ed's attention, his eyes widen, I stare at his golden eyes and look away smoothly so I'm not embarrassingly caught this time. Ed remarks, "It's about time you gave me something worth while, Colonel Bastard!"

Sighing, "Just be careful shorty". Yeah, I went there, I love seeing his reactions, I mean, what am I saying, I'm just showing off his short temper. Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

Ed's one strand on his forehead stands up, "WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SHORT YOU'RE SHOCKED YOU DON'T NEED A MICROSCOPE TO SEE ME, HUH!!"

This earned a chuckle through the whole room, and with that Ed and Al went on their way to the train station to start their mission.

I can't help but whisper to myself for Ed to be careful..I can't put my finger on why I care so much about him. He is just a bratty kid after all..