Death

Ed's POV
I'm struggling to stay on my hands and knees, I cough up more blood, my vision is blurry, I'm starting to shake more.

I hear a voice, it sounds very frantic, "ED!!"

Slowly looking over in the direction of the voice, "Al..?" My vision goes black, the blade sinks more through my abdomen, which is still stuck in the ground but my body just couldn't stay up anymore.

Roy's POV
I drop to me knees quickly after reaching Ed's side, "ED!"

He's too pale, "Al..?" Then he passes out.

My eyes widen, "Riza! Hughes! Someone! Get a car! A doctor! I don't care how just get one now dammit!"

And with that they frantically went about getting help.

I look up and see Hughes is still here, "I need you to hold him down."

He frowns, "What are you planning?"

"I'm going to get this damn blade out of him and sear his wound shut with my flame alchemy.."

Al pleads, "you have to save my brother! Please!" He tries to come over but more metal falls off in shards.

Sweat drips down the side of my face, "I'm going to save him, I have too.."

Hughes grabs Ed's shoulders to help hold him down, he looks at me and nods.

I nod back and start pulling he blade out slowly, trying not to cause anymore damage, I tear up when Ed snaps awake and starts screaming from the pain.

I suddenly stop pulling the blade out, both my eyes wide, my hands are covered with Ed's blood.

Hughes yells, still holding him down, "snap out if Roy! Ed needs you to be strong right now!"

I look at Hughes and nod, I bite my lip hard causing it to bleed, I grab onto the blade again and start pulling.

Hughes has to hold Ed down stronger, Ed is screaming and thrashing around, "dammit!"

I finish pulling the blade out and throw it across the road, "oh god, that's a lot of blood," my voice is shaking, "stay with me Fullmetal come on," I apply direct pressure to the wound, I need to be collected before I do my flame alchemy, I don't want to hurt him..I can't..

Ed coughs out more blood, "y-you're b-b-bleeding roy.." He weakly brings his arm up to my lip, I smile sadly, a tear falls, "I'm okay you idiot, let's focus on you for once okay? It's going to be okay, I promise.."

Hughes frowns, "you need to stop his bleeding Roy.."

I nod, biting onto my lip again, "Ive got you Fullmetal," with a shaky hand, I take the pressure off and snap my fingers to start searing his wound.

ED Screams so loud he gets the attention of everyone on the street.

Al rummages with his ruined armor again trying to get to Ed, "Brother!!"

I snap y fingers again, "there's so much bleeding..I can't..I-I..I'm just hurting him!"

Hughes grabs Roy's collar with one arm while still holding Ed, "it's this or burying him dammit!"

I grit my teeth, "that's not going to happen."

I snap a few more times and stop the bleeding for now, I look down at Ed.

"I-I-it's over..I-I.." he smiles weakly and goes limp.

My eyes widen, "Hughes."

Hughes nods and checks his pulse quickly, he curses under his breath, "he not breathing"

I quickly push Hughes away, my adrenaline taking over me, I start CPR, "No no no no this is not how it ends for him!! I won't let it!"

Al is sobbing, he may not have any human tears but everyone can tell he's weeping for him brother.

Riza runs over with a doctor, "colonel sir, we have a doctor and a car ready."

I continue CPR, "I can't move him until he's breathing!" I do mouth to mouth, crying now, I don't care what anyone thinks, he's my Fullmetal dammit..

I do CPR for 5 more minutes..I'm getting desperate, "I can't lose him..I can't"

Every one is gathered around, Riza is hesitant, "sir..he's gone.."

The doctor sighs softly, he goes over and lays a hand on My shoulder and shove him off, "stay away! He's not dead!"

The doctor shakes his head, "I didn't want to use this.." he bends down on the other side of Ed's lifeless body, he takes out a red stone, I stop CPR.

"Is that.."

The doctor nods, "it's a philosopher stone. I will save this young alchemists life, if you don't report what you see here."

I'm desperate, and nod immediately, "please just save him!"

Ed is growing paler by each passing minute, he hair has fallen out of his braid and blood has pooled around him.

Hughes comes over to me, he lays his hand on my shoulder, "we don't know if this is the stone..let's just be safer and call it..he hasn't had a pulse for almost 10 minutes Roy.."

I stare down at Ed crying I shake my head, "n-no, no. Doctor. Save his life and you won't be questioned in any way."

The doctor nods, he gets closer to ed and lays the stone on his chest, the begins his work. A huge red light appears and it gets so bright everyone has to shield their eyes.

After the light fades the doctor is no where to be seen, Hughes grits his teeth, "he booked it, I knew it was a mistake!"

I look to Ed and check his pulse, "It's there! He's alive!" I scoop Ed up and run to the car, "Ive got you..I've got you.."

Armstrong sighs softly and goes up to Al, "I will escort you to the hospital for Ed." He grabs Al's broken up armor and starts walking to the car, he has his subordinates collect the rest of the scraps.

Ed's POV

"Everything's so dark..where am I.."

I hear a voice, "you're where it all began."

I look around and see a bright light, and run towards it, "whose there!"

That's when I see it, the gate, I run up to my gate and lay my hand on it, I remember scar destroyed my automail. I look around and see the figure I saw when I transmuted my mom, "what's going on."

It grins hugely, "it seems you've died Edward Elric."

I frown, "no. I can't, that's not right, I haven't gotten Al's body back yet!"

It laughs, "it's too late! And since you performed the taboo, you will get to spend eternity in the portal of truth"

My eyes widen, "what the hell is this! I already gave you my arm and my leg!"

"You really think that was enough?" It starts laughing loudly, "This is equivalence for messing with another's life!"

I step back trying to stay away from the portal, "no no no this is all wrong!" Just as I was about to run the gate opens and the black arms come flying out and drag me in, "NO!!!"

And with that, the gates slam shut and I'm falling through all the information in the world being crammed into my skull, just like before, I scream again, "STOP!!"

That's when I see the red light and it all goes away.