Fluff

Ed's POV

It's about 4 am and I'm still wide awake, my back is to Alphonse, I don't want him worrying about me.

I really am willing to give my life for Al..I am..it's just, Roy..I don't want to leave him,
I grit my teeth, "dammit"

Al didn't realize I was awake until I said something, "Brother? Are you alright?"

I sit up and give him a fake smile, "of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You don't have to act tough to me Brother, I know you're hurting."

Tearing up, "it's nothing really," I smile again but a tear slips down my cheek, "I just need some rest is all, sorry"

Alphonse stands up and comes up to me, he lays a hand on my shoulder, "Brother, don't do anything stupid okay?" I can hear the concern in his voice.

I nod, "yeah..okay Alphonse, I won't."

I lay down and cover myself back up, I rub my eyes and stare at the ceiling, "Alphonse.."

"What is it?"

"I love the Colonel.."

"I know..it's okay, just get some rest okay?"

-later that morning, the sun is up-

I never fell asleep last night, I sleepily sit up and rub my eyes. They are stinging from my tears last night, I sigh and pull my hair back into a pony tail. I don't have the energy to braid it, I sloppily put my clothes on and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Alphonse follows me in to the bathroom, "are you going to mustangs office today? Why not just stay here and rest? You look awful.."

I chuckle tiredly, "thanks Alphonse, but I need to work on my reports"

-After their conversation they left for the base-

I walk into mustangs office quietly, this is the first time I've never kicked his doors open and announced my presence.

Everyone took notice to this and looked at Al for answers.

Roy looks at me concerned, I shoot him a fake smile, "morning colonel bastard"

Roy frowns, "can I speak with you Fullmetal? Alone?"

I bite my lip, "What for?"

Before I could say anything else Roy grabs my arm and drags me to a conference room next door.

"What the hell?"

Roy hugs me tightly, "really Ed, what's the matter?"

I stare down and bite my lip, "I'm fine..really" I hug him back and lay my head on his shoulder.

He sighs softly and strokes my hair entry, I blush lightly, "I'm okay.."

"Promise me Ed..that nothing is going to happen to you..I don't know what I would do if.."

I cut him off with a soft kiss, "nothings going to happen to me okay?"

Roy smiles softly back at me and nods, after that we both went into his office to join the others again.

Alphonse looks at me, I smile assuringly, I yawn softly and sit down at one of the tables to start working on my reports.

My handwriting it terribly sloppy, I need sleep but I don't want to. I can't. Every time I close my eyes I see him..

A few hours pass and everyone is still working quietly, I start to nod off, my head lulls forward but I snap my head back, and rub my eyes, I still have a dull pain in my stomach.

I sigh softly and lay a hand on my stomach that's bandaged under my shirt, "dammit.." I whisper to myself.

As the day gets later people start to leave, Al is still sitting on the couch waiting patiently for me and Roy and Riza are at the main desk finishing some paper work.

"Hey FullMetal, I think you should head back to your hotel and get some rest okay?"

I smile tiredly at Roy, "m'fine"

I get up sluggishly and walk up to Roy's desk, I lean over the desk and kiss his cheek gently, "see you tomorrow" and with that I signal Al and leave his office. I grin to myself seeing the shocked look on Riza' face and how red Roy was. "Hm"