Things Start to Look Grim

Ed's POV

"It's time Al, everyone should be asleep by now," I look at Al and see him nod in agreement. We both sneak out the window to avoid grabbing any attention.

I whisper to Al, "Do you see that big mansion at the top of the hill? I bet you that's where we will find the most information about the philosopher stone".

Al whispers back, "If that is the case it will be heavily guarded, we might have to fight brother"

I smirk, "That's what I'm hoping for".

-Time Skip-

As Al and I make it to the mansion we do spot multiple guards at the front. We both hop the fence and head towards the back. Hopefully it will be easier to go in this way.

Once we make it to the back, I transmute an entrance for us straight into the basement.

"Brother, I have a bad feeling about this for some reason, maybe we should go back to central and come back with help. If this really is the philosopher stone this is going to be really dangerous," Al sounded much more concerned than he usually does.

I responded cockily as I always do, "Al don't worry so much, I'm going to do whatever it takes for you to get your body back, I made a promise".

Even though Al seemed hesitant, he nodded, that is all I needed to grow enough confidence to keep moving. As we went further into this basement I found books that I have never seen on the philosopher stone. "Al, check this out, this might give us some more clues".

Just as I was about to hand to the book to Al, I heard a loud explosion and felt a sharp pain in my side, causing me to cry out, "Dammit!"

"Brother! Are you okay?? I can't see anything! there's too much smoke!"

I grit my teeth and hold my side, the visibility was awful, "Al! just run! I'm right behind you!" I got a sinking feeling about this situation too. Just as I knew Al was out, I started to grab a few books off the shelf, I knew these were important, I need to know more about how I can get my hands on the stone.

I hear chains, I grit my teeth and smirk nervously, "Who's there".

It was a mans voice, deep and scratchy, "ah, if it isn't the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric".

Just before I could respond, I was thrown across the room hitting a metal table. I hold back a cry in of pain, I don't want the enemy to know he hurt me. I clap my hands together and try to make a blade, it was too late, a chain that has a blade through it's tip was coming right for me. I start to get up to dodge but I wasn't fast enough, I felt the bladed chain go right through my stomach. I eyes grow wide and I freeze, I can taste blood in my mouth.

I start to panic, "Alphonse!!"

This man in front of is just laughing evilly, "He's left you boy, you're mine now." He yanks the chain out of my stomach causing me to scream out in pain. I collapse to the floor and my vision goes black.