Chapter 17

It wasn't difficult for the members to realize that there was tension between their leader and manager. At the same time, it wasn't difficult for them to create a situation where they had to be together.

"We want to attend Weekly Idol and One Fine Day after our comeback." That was all the members said before pushing the leader and the manager to discuss about the ways to fit it into their schedule seeing as it was packed with practices and filming. Of course they could leave it to the company to settle their variety programmes but seeing how they managed their sunbae groups have made them reconsider.

Jihoon grabbed his laptop, intent on focusing on his work to avoid answering any of the leader's questions or doubts. He immediately got straight into business. "Currently, we have to focus on the MV shooting and you have to perfect the song so by this date, you should probably be free. I'll schedule an appointment with the Weekly Idol staff to discuss the available dates-"

"Can we talk about what happened that night?" Seungcheol cut Jihoon off.

Jihoon kept quiet, a frown on his face.

"I just want to know what happened that night." Seungcheol said.

There was yet another silence.

"Jihoon, ple-"

"I'm going to the washroom." Jihoon abruptly stood up and walked out of the room.

Seungcheol sighed. How could he get the small boy to talk to him again? His thoughts were interrupted by a buzz on the table. Seungcheol searched for the source and came across a familiar mobile phone. On the screen was a person's name he did not recognize. He picked up the phone, intending to tell the person to call back later but ended up listening to what that person had to say.

"Jihoon ah, I made a few more tracks. Do you want to come and listen? You always feel better after listening to hyung's songs." Hearing silence, the person on the other line probed again. "Jihoon? Are you there?"

Seungcheol frowned. Why was this person acting so familiar with Jihoon? Just as he was about to respond, Jihoon came back from the washroom to see Seungcheol holding his phone. His face was full of panic as he ran over to snatch his phone back. He glanced at the screen before answering the call. "Hyung, sorry. I'll call you back later." Jihoon ended the call and nervously glanced at Seungcheol.

"What did you hear?" His anxiousness came through his voice.

"Nothing much."
"St-stop it."

"What do you mean by stop? I just want to find out what happened. Is he Woozi? Is he the one who made the song for us?"

Jihoon was momentarily stunned.

"What... what?"

"He said he made a few more tracks. Is he Woozi?"

Jihoon could see the confusion in the leader's face as they stared at each other. His tense shoulders visibly relaxed as he sighed, face blank. Jihoon felt relieved, yet there was a tinge of disappointment, as though he was sad that Seungcheol didn't guess that he himself was Woozi.

Jihoon looked up into Seungcheol's eyes and whispered. "Seungcheol hyung, I'm sorry. I really can't tell you anything."

Then, as though he made up his mind, Jihoon spoke with resolve "But trust me hyung, we will never do anything that will harm Seventeen." Jihoon looked so strong in his conviction that Seungcheol unconsciously nodded.

Jihoon had thought that everything had passed and turned to return to his seat. But, Seungcheol unexpectedly grabbed his arm. "I trust you. But as Seventeen's leader, I need you to give me an explanation."

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon, his eyes pleading.

Jihoon hesitated for a while before responding.

"Ask me 3 questions. I'll only answer yes or no if I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'alls!! I found this draft in my folder so I'm uploading this. I've recently started to get back to writing, not just fanfictions, but also translations for chinese webnovels. I might update a few more chapters? It largely depends on my creative progress. Well, hope you like it!!